Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, after searching around I cant find a positive an answer.
By loooking at both bikes (Enduro and 1200/s DVT) it seems we could fit the normal panniers on the enduro instead of having the touratech ones.
Is this correct? can we plug and play the normal panniers?

thank you.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi all, after searching around I cant find a positive an answer.

By loooking at both bikes (Enduro and 1200/s DVT) it seems we could fit the normal panniers on the enduro instead of having the touratech ones.

Is this correct? can we plug and play the normal panniers?

thank you.

Yes you can.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an Enduro and the frame mounts are different. The little notches in the rear subframe are only there for the Touratech frames to bite into, they don't have the features that would hold onto the regular bags. They also are lacking the lower bag support on the foot peg bracket.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have an Enduro and the frame mounts are different. The little notches in the rear subframe are only there for the Touratech frames to bite into, they don't have the features that would hold onto the regular bags. They also are lacking the lower bag support on the foot peg bracket.
Well, the actual foot peg bracket doesn't come with the bike, but with the Painers. The foot pegs just have screw holes to mount the bracket.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, sorry, got confused. Can we install without modifying, if we buy a set of normal panniers that bring the peg bracket?

I saw a picture of an used bike (enduro) with those panniers but not sure if it required to adapt anything either on the bike either on the panniers.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well, sorry, got confused. Can we install without modifying, if we buy a set of normal panniers that bring the peg bracket?

I saw a picture of an used bike (enduro) with those panniers but not sure if it required to adapt anything either on the bike either on the panniers.
pics?????

the main question here is still unanswered

·
Premium Member
4,092 Posts
The only feature that's required is an indent on the back edge of both slots. Looking at pics it looks like the notches(slots?) are close to being in the same place as on the non-enduro multi's. The mechanism on the panniers does all the work.

However, even if the frame mounts are in the right place... I'm guessing you' have to have the isolater mounts fabricated (I REALLY doubt the passenger pegs are in the right place).

I'm not one of the folks enamored with the aluminum cases (since most of them are no more durable than the plastic cases), I think the Enduro would look sharp with non-enduro panniers - would certainly confuse many multi owners.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing & have been doing some research.
Ducati lists both sets of Panniers to fit the new 950

Parts catalog says Right side rear frame section (where pannier locks in & passenger pegs bolt in) is same part# as DVT Multi
Both right & left frame part have a part called: Bracket, Front (Left & Right) Pannier that is the same part# for both models.

Left side passenger footrest is the same part# also
Right side passenger footrest is obviously a different part# due to the exhaust mount, but has the threaded bolt hole pattern (2) for the bottom pannier mount like on left side.

Don't think Ducati would have manufactured the new part with the holes in it for no reason??
I'm thinking they should fit.

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is a rear rack other than the Ducati Touratech one. Sw-motech makes 1 for the Enduro & 1 for the DVT. I've read a review where the one for the Enduro, the pannier lids hit the rack when opening.

Ducati makes one also just for the DVT Part# 96780611A

Wondering If & how that one would work with the big panniers. I know they say the rear grab rails are raised on the enduro for passenger comfort & clearance of panniers.
Has anyone had any experience with any of these?
TIA!

·
Registered
53 Posts
THANKS for the pix E-riko!
Looks like they fit no problem. The trunk setup also!
I'm looking for a flat rack that the big panniers clear & mounts to the grab rails for a tail bag

1 - 12 of 12 Posts