Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone could grab a metric ruler and measure from the underside of the lower Triple Tree clamp to the very bottom of the fork tube, the silver one, not the gold one and let me know. It should be in the vicinity of 205 to 210 millimeters. please don't include the rubber wiper. Just to the very bottom of the Metal Fork tube. Thanks. Steve

·
Registered
112 Posts
8 9/16 inches, which converts to 217.5mm (on a 2002 St4s)

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,425 Posts
The manual for a 2003 ST4s says, Fork leg height above bottom yoke top face is 195.5 mm. The manual is available in the Sticky.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, I thought I being helpful. Mine came with heli-bars from the previous owner. The fork tube is flush at the top. Bears further investigation. I reckon if I raise them up a bit to the 195.5mm it'll quicken the turns.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The manual for a 2003 ST4s says, Fork leg height above bottom yoke top face is 195.5 mm. The manual is available in the Sticky.

yes, but very difficult to take such a measurement if the top TT is in place. It does provide a valid measurement procedure, but not user friendly. Measuring from the bot of the TT to the bottom of the fork leg gives an easy to achieve measurement. However without an overall measurement of the fork leg, I can't comment on whether my measurement is a good one or way off.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, I thought I being helpful. Mine came with heli-bars from the previous owner. The fork tube is flush at the top. Bears further investigation. I reckon if I raise them up a bit to the 195.5mm it'll quicken the turns.
Oh boy, I am easily confused. The 195mm is the proper setting for top of triple to top of fork. Anyway, bottom to bottom on mine is, as I said, 217mm. Getting measurement up to the top is too tricky right now with the fairing on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts