Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode my new to me S4Rs for about 3-4hrs this weekend w/o any problems.

The only electrical "work" I performed was installing a charged new Yuasa battery.

Took her out for a quick spin today. Fired right up and didn't show any issues, when about 5min into my ride all lights went out and the engine just stalled/turned off.

I pulled the clutch and came to a full stop.

Trying to turn on the ignition w/o any lights nor any other functions.

Got a lift home and started to look into the electronics.

- battery shows 13.08V
- all fuses in the fuse-box are ok

Then I checked the rectifier fuse - bingo! Blown 30A fuse. The one next to the three relays, at the "bottom" of the battery.

Before just replacing the bad fuse, I checked my service manual's wiring diagram, which shows a 40A fuse.

Can someone please double check their fuse and confirm that is indeed a 40A fuse for the rectifier?

Also, since the rectifier had no cooling air underneath the seat, is that a common issue on Monsters? Is there any "relocation" upgrade?

Thanks, dc

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I stand corrected! I just double checked the rectifier fuse and the drawing are indicating a 30A fuse, NOT 40A - can't recall the source now anymore.

Anyways, I will check for for loose connection and cable quality, but my gut feeling is pointing at the rectifier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts