Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folk,
My girlfriend picked up a 99 750SS and she rides it well but it tippy toe on it when not moving. Can you lower the front and back proportionately and if so how? I havn't seen any sites for lowering links for this bike. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Chris

·
Registered
235 Posts
the forks can be dropped in the yokes a bit, but you're not going to see much difference at the seat. The shock is a direct linkage and non-adjustable, so you're pretty much stuck there without an aftermarket shock. i don't know if anyone makes a custom seat with thinner padding, but that might also be an option.

Have you checked that the pre-load is set correctly in the rear? If it's too stiff it may not be sagging enough under her weight.

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
What's wrong with tippy-toe?

Actually, I RAISED the ride heght on my SS1000 and ST2 so that I can't flat-foot them.

Tom

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think that the only option is to shave the seat. I did just that for my 750 sport. I found a used seat on ebay for this purpose so I could keep my stock original. It wasn't very expensive either.

There is plenty of foam on those SS seats so you could cut quite a bit. You do have to be a bit careful B/C as you make the seat lower, the tank begins to protrude into your gut. Making the seat more narrow also goes a long way to helping a rider reach the ground. One plus to shaving the seat is that you can custom fit the seat to your liking. I find that I don't get as sore on longer rides on my shaved seat because I carefully shaped the part of the seat that widens out toward the middle. I used the Corbin seat on my SV for reference to get the shape right. Putting the cover back on is a pain, though. Two other things to consider: Shaving the seat shortens the distance to the pegs so your knees are bent a bit more. It also affects the look of the bike slightly.
Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts