Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, can it be done? How about 999 reservoir covers (looks so much better, especially with aluminum caps). I think I would have to fit 999 clip ons to use the reservoirs, no?

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
The master cylinders on the 999 are used on many bikes, using remote reservoirs. Not sure about the 1098/1198.

·
Super Moderator
8,220 Posts
Triples: YES, As far as i know the 999 and the 1098 have the exact same offset (36mm) and width on the top triple just make sure the fork type fitted is the same. I´ve test fitted a 1098 topr triple to my 916. No issue, straight bolt on.

999 Front rotors: Yes, I think so.. Offset is the same, but I´m not sure they will actually bolt on the 999 wheels. Depends on if its an R or not. But stock 999 rotors should fit directly in the calipers.. Don´t fit the spacers when remounting the calipers.

Reservoirs: Absolutly.. just a question of mounting them.

//amullo

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
The rotors on a 1098 are 10mm larger (330mm vs 320mm) so the calipers would need to be moved inwards 5mm by removing/replacing spacers (as Amullo said) but you'd get less braking power due to this.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The 999 and 1098 bottom triple is the same part number, the damper mount hole on the top triple is a few mm's off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts