Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 900SS. I did some tuning on my bike and took it for a ride with the side fairings removed and it either brings out the hooligan in me or the less weight just makes the bike a lot more wheelie prone. I've weighed the two side panels and they are about 3kg each, so it's rough 6kg weight saving with them removed - can that little bit of weight make that the bike lift it front wheel so much easier?

If this is the case I definately want to get me the smallest half fairing available...something like the one Kaemna makes.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the blue bike isn't mine - it's a pic of a highly tuned one from Kaemna's website only posted a pic to show the small fairing.

My bike does have a light flywheel and FCRs which generally is a great recipe for wheelies, I just found it's so much easier with the fairing off and wondered if the 6kg's from the weight of the fairing could be the reason - has anybody else experienced the same?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
6 kg isn't enough weight reduction to affect much of anything, especially static weight (like bodywork). On the other hand, take 6 kg off the rotating weight (like wheels) and you'll notice the difference immediately.

Point of reference: I've taken about 22 kg off my SS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts