Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to wait until I have the ecu and pipes and it’s on a dyno to install this or are some people exaggerating when they say it will add so much air it leans it out. I have to wait a week to have the rear section connected with the fabricated front so I am anxious.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I have no direct experience with your bike but on most bikes the filter element is not the major restriction. The stock air box is. So usually changing only the element does nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The MWR replaces the top of the airbox and makes the airbox not functional. It actually makes an intake out of the air box by making the entire top a filter. Checked the plugs didn’t lean out. Definitely noticeable noise and power increase

·
Registered
Ducati Monster 1100S 2209
6 Posts
Sorry to say this... but I'm ditching my MWR power up kit... Because especially the foam from the "front" filter is, well.... bad.... I've seen a lot of them ripped apart... That's very dangerous and can be sucked to the engine...

If you choose a K&N filter you don't need to change your ECU map... but with stuff like MWR and air pods... you really need to reprogram to see some real gains...

I say this because I've tried... DP ECU with DP airbox and K&N filter and the MWR Power up kit with a REXXER map (the bike runs much better with the rexxer map.

But my conclusion is that the best thing is to dyno your machine and make a custom map...

sorry for my english but it's not my native language...

Also the installation isn't easy... and those screws are directly screwed to the air box... if something happens its also sucked to the engine...

But the bike sounds great...

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
It’s kind of a self answering question: If it runs worse it needs additional tuning. If it runs better, do a plug check. If the plugs look good you’re gold. If the plugs look lean you need additional tuning.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine looks different than yours for the 1100. I have zero problems with mine. I love it. I’ll keep an eye on the foam filter lining

1 - 6 of 6 Posts