Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready for two back-to-back trips that will total around 5,000 miles, all pavement, and I need to put new tires on the bike (2011 MTS 1200) before I leave. I'd like to try a set of TKC70s, but I don't have any experience with them and what kind of mileage I can reasonably expect, and I'd rather not find out halfway through a trip that I need a new rear tire. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has had experience with the TKC70s and what kind of mileage you got. Thanks.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,179 Posts
Lol! So you’re going on a 5000 mile, all pavement, trip but you need TKC’s because you’ll cross your rough driveway twice!

You could not choose a worse tire for all pavement riding. But if you really want a set get them. Oh, lasting 5000 miles? They might depending on how you ride but you’ll probably be wanting to switch back to a normal tire long before that. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't want to pile on here...but it's positively ludicrous to handicap the MTS with "dirt" or dual sport tires. Get a nice set of sport-touring tires like PR5s or Angel GTs and don't look back,

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
you can definitely get 5k out of them if you go easy on them... but they're not going to be a great match for the Multi on the street.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I really like Contenintal's RoadAttack3. Got over 5,000 miles on the last 2 rears. Had never gotten over 3,000 miles on a set of tires before. (over 35,000 miles on the bike so I've tried a few sets of tires)! Very good in the twisties and especially in the wet.

Might try the TrailAttack3 this time round for a little more off road stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts