Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Heres a question can any one tell me if my 939SP Hypo is Canbus or not my local Ducati shop has no idea ?? which isn't great and I need to now re my battery optimiser any help much appreciated Ta :smile2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey RSL I have done this however my optimate asks me to do a different set up for can bus rather than a std battery so that's why I asked as I didn't want to coc it up thanks for the info cheers M

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hey RSL I have done this however my optimate asks me to do a different set up for can bus rather than a std battery so that's why I asked as I didn't want to coc it up thanks for the info cheers M
You might be confused here. Canbus has nothing to do with whether a battery is "standard" or not. You might be thinking of a lead acid battery VS. a lithium. Standard equipment is a Lead acid battery.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have one of those simple connectors, like RSL posted, straight to AGM battery on my 2010 hyper which is canbus. We have em on all our bikes.

Probably not relevant but oddly, our old car '07 volvo handbook specifically says not to connect a battery charger to the batt. while it is still in the car...?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts