Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tag/plate lamp failed on me about a week ago.

"No big deal" one would think...

That is, until you go to every shop in town as well as contacting the nearest Ducati dealer (a mere hour ride away) and find out that nobody has a lamp that can replace the damn thing.

Does anyone have a lead on a simple tag/plate lamp? I would hate to have to pay shipping on a stupid part like this, but I guess I have to bite the bullet. I suppose I will have to order something additional (bling) for the bike to piggy-back on the shipping costs). I guess it is better paying shipping from the US as opposed to having to order from Italy.

Cheers,
JS

BTW, has anyone else had this problem? I haven't noticed anything in regards to this issue on the forum. I guess nobody lives in the Ducati Parts Triangle (aka Sarasota, FL)!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I used to have bulbs go out on my tail light, blinkers, plate light, ALL THE TIME when I had the stock tail piece and blinkers. now I have LEDs everywhere except the headlight and it's all good. So if you're having these issues and are thinking of doing some mods, I recommend.

otherwise, I had the same issue, the dealer didn't have the bulb available, for any of the lamps... so I found a "lightbulbs unlimited" store and showed up with my dead bulb and asked for the same thing. They came back with something really close which fit and never burned again.

if you haven't already, you may need to scour your area for a specialty bulb store, but that's your best bet. If you can't find one, I could go get you one at the store by me and mail it to you... I think the bulb and shipping would be like $5, so i guess I could "help a brother out" and just do this for you.. no point in sending me $5. (I went in college in Tampa, so I can imagine Sarasota is not the best place to own an exotic italian machine... )

let me know...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I had to hit a couple auto supply stores but I did find one fairly easily.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer and suggestions guys. I will check out the local Walmart before I start pulling my hair out!!!

Please post up other suggestions/solutions if anyone has found any.

Cheers,
Jason

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, a few Wallmarts and auto parts stores later, I did end up getting a replacement lamp (Advanced Auto Parts). The first C5W lamp I found wasn't a GE but a Sylvania. No matter though, it popped right in.

After traveling all over the the greater Sarasota/Bradenton (and even parts of Tampa) area, a 2.50 lamp probably ran me around 10-15 bucks in gas. What a nightmare.

Thanks a bunch for all of your help guys.

Cheers,
JS

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a smartass, "Let your fingers do the walking."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts