·
Registered
2,478 Posts
2002 998 biposto
VA-1C
VS-1C
OA-1C
OS-1C

found this to odd because my other 998 motor has the 2D cams and the 1C cams are the ones used on the 999s exhaust. would these be original or did someone put them in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe the 1C cams were originally used in the 996R. They are the same spec as the 998S and 998R. The R had high compression for a bit more HP. the 1C cams would not be original in a Biposto but would have been fitted later.
I have a 998 Biposto and have some 1C cams (from ebay as 996R cams) cam to install next time I check the valve clearance.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I believe thebetter ms were originally used in the 996R. They are the same spec as the 998S and 998R. The R had high compression for a bit more HP. the 1C cams would not be original in a Biposto but would have been fitted later.
I have a 998 Biposto and have some 1C cams (from ebay as 996R cams) cam to install next time I check the valve clearance.

So my question is which set of cams is better, the 3M/1C setup or the 1C/1C setup?

·
Registered
252 Posts
These aren’t easy to come by!
How did you get yours? What did you pay? Share the story:)!
Sorry for the late reply Testastrat. I just noticed the post.
Getting the cams was quite easy really. Looked up the part number & ordered them through the Aussie dealer & they arrived a few weeks later. This was in 2011/2012 though

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
what are the cam numbers for a 2010 848 evo? i have a set of 2010 evo heads cam numbers are os-10e oa-10e vs-10e and va-10e

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm putting together a list of camshaft id markings (numbers, letters, etc). anything anyone has would be helpful. i don't really have anything from 748R onwards.
i'm putting together a list of camshaft id markings (numbers, letters, etc). anything anyone has would be helpful. i don't really have anything from 748R onwards.
Hi, so i read your article and got curious, i removed the cam end cover of my second hand hypermotard 1100 and found no stamp on the cams. Als removed the timing belt covers and no stamp, what does it meen?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts