Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Which is better value for money? engine life? cost of install? and of course.. power..
If you call Ducshop (Mark) they will go over options, prices, dyno #s, and anything else. Great folks to deal with.

Do you have the velocity stack kit? Best bang for the buck IMO. Big difference you can notice.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
In order of importance, IMHO

1. Airbox & filter mods
2. Performance exhaust with DP ECU or PC (tuned)
3. lightened flywheel (2lbs)
4. Cams
5. Head porting, with oversized intake valves
6. HC pistons
7. Big bore HC pistons
8. Ceramic coated piston tops & combustion chambers

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ive done all the above...

why Ceramic coat ? my bike doesnt overheat...

just wondering what the purpose other then heat dissipation would be ?

Also change the gearing...

I have 98mm High comp pistons .... what do you guys have ?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
why Ceramic coat ? my bike doesnt overheat...

just wondering what the purpose other then heat dissipation would be ?

Also change the gearing...

I have 98mm High comp pistons .... what do you guys have ?
Ceramic coatings help keep the "heat" where it belongs in the combustion chamber, for better efficiency, also protects the piston crown from detonation.

I run the 100mm HC Pistal pistons from the Ducshop

Aloha Alex

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
+1 with 08 hyper have all same set up from ducshop with filter pods,full zard exhaust ceramic coated black,dp cams ecu,custom mapped power commander,107 to 109 hp at rear wheel.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke to Mike from the Ducshop, I'm going to try out his velocity stacks and see how we go. should be +7-8hp if all goes well.

just a question tho, would the pistons give a better low down HP gain and than cams?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I spoke to Mike from the Ducshop, I'm going to try out his velocity stacks and see how we go. should be +7-8hp if all goes well.

just a question tho, would the pistons give a better low down HP gain and than cams?
You will like the velocity stack kit!! Yes the pistons give an overall HP gain where the cams focus on a little midrange but bigger top end gain.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
hmm... I'd say all of the above. joking aside, I can't add much to this thread because i just bought the ducshop hyper last week and it has ALL the engine mods. (cams/HC pistons/2-1 termi/ 100mm bore/KN velocity stack/ etc.) But I CAN say that if you go that route it is an absolute rocket... it's now more of uni-cycle than a motorcycle (can't keep front end down) :D

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
hmm... I'd say all of the above. joking aside, I can't add much to this thread because i just bought the ducshop hyper last week and it has ALL the engine mods. (cams/HC pistons/2-1 termi/ 100mm bore/KN velocity stack/ etc.) But I CAN say that if you go that route it is an absolute rocket... it's now more of uni-cycle than a motorcycle (can't keep front end down) :D
+1 on that them boys at ducshop know there stuff and great people to deal with also.

·
Registered
208 Posts
+1 with 08 hyper have all same set up from ducshop with filter pods,full zard exhaust ceramic coated black,dp cams ecu,custom mapped power commander,107 to 109 hp at rear wheel.
Does that bring roll on 3rd wheelies no clutch?? man that would be nifty!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Does that bring roll on 3rd wheelies no clutch?? man that would be nifty!
What's the problem, I do that with a full Zard system,DP ECU, DP lid, DNA filter, and a PCIII. Gotta roll of, then on hard but it does it. A few more HP would make it easier.

Out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts