Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pics of bad cam wear and/or good cam wear? My cams appear to be ok but it is really hard to tell with these ducati cams as they are not polished like other cams I have delt with. Re-surfacing rockers and want to be sure cams are ok.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I was replacing my stock valve covers on my 999 w/ magnesium ones. Upon inspection of the rocker and cam surfaces I was astonished to find absolutely no wear at all...nothing! My 999 is a base model, with only a full exhaust kit, PCIII and sprocket changes. I bought it w/ 6500 miles and have used Agip, Golden Spectro and Mobile1 ever since. It now has 11300 miles. I mean everything looked good-like new! I would have thought some wear would be noticable-maybe not at 11000 miles.
Anyway it's very comforting to know all is cool w/ my vertical cylinder-front valve cover inspection is next however.:think:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...I saw that post. I do not have anything that has a patchy groove in it like that...just some slight "polishing on different areas of the cam.

Anyone else have any pics?

Oh and great on the 999....that is totally cool.

I am in the process of restoring a 97 916. It's getting a repaint, ohlins front and rear, +++++

I new I was going to be getting into the maintenance but that is something I enjoy as much as riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts