Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you tried both of these screens? I'm getting ready to buy one of them, but am vacillating between them. Any opinions/comments?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Any of you tried both of these screens? I'm getting ready to buy one of them, but am vacillating between them. Any opinions/comments?
I've got two calsci, shorty and touring cause they came from the previous owner. They work well but hardware is lame due to the angle and not fitting flush etc.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I have the tall Cee Bailey. Excellent screen, high quality and good fit. I'm 6'-2" and the tall screen is just barely tall enough for me.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a Cee Bailey on my old bike and I know it's a high quality screen. What's the complaints on the mounting hardware....does the screen(s) use the rubber grommets from the stock screen, or does it just sit on the 'posts'? Seems easy enough to make the holes bigger, ad the stock grommets and mount it like the touch screen.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can't explain it very well, but yeah, the CalSci just sits on top of the posts. The stock screen you'll notice has some molding on the top two holes to change the angle to flat to get the screws in. The CalSci is cheaper and so the concave screen just kinda sets on top of the flat posts and so the connection isn't great. Then you get cheapy black plastic caps to cover the fugly hardware. But hey don't get me wrong, I love the shorty cause it looks good on my black bike and no buffeting. The big one is just massive but cuts the cold wind and fog down here pretty well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've used both, and prefer the Cee Bailey. It mounts using two angled posts which fit snug against the inside arc of the screen - you need to turn them to get the fit right. I could not make it work with the Aztec spacers - but the posts included with the Cee seemed to do most of what the Aztec's claimed to do.

IMHO the CalSci seemed less aerodynamically designed than the Cee. It's essentially flat from top to bottom, curved from side to side, if that makes sense. The Cee looks molded to have several curves going on at once, and a slight curve away from me at the top. It's all subjective as hell, but it seemed to cut the wind better. At 5 foot 9 the 22 inch works well for me.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 6'1"/32" inseam, so I sit tall in the saddle (no disservice to the John Wayne movie). I live 100 miles from the Oregon border, right on the coast, so most of the time, it'll be below 50/foggy/wet, during the SUMMER, and I'll head inland bout 30 miles, on 36/299 and it'll be close to 100. So, I want a tall screen to keep the wet/cold off of me, then lower the screen and get some AIR on me. I know, it's a personal problem.....probably get the Cee as I've had one before.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Forget both of them and go with the 7 Jurock, beats them both hands down... and you can tell them the height that you want in 2 inch increments.

·
Registered
496 Posts
7 Jurock??

Forget both of them and go with the 7 Jurock, beats them both hands down... and you can tell them the height that you want in 2 inch increments.
Had never heard of it. Looked at the pics on their site and it looks impressive. What are you dimensions and can you tell us more what you like about it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 24'' Cee Bailey screen that creates waaaay too much turbulence for me. It's the worst screen I've tried. PM me if you wanna buy it off me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the 22" Cee Bailey and I'm 5'10" and love it! Dead air up to the very top of my helmet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the 24" Cee Bailey. Very happy with this screen. I'm 6'1" with 32 " inseam. Tried the MRA shorty and the Puig and neither worked for me.

Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts