Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Calling all mechanics

694 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bella749 
#1 ·
I have an '05 999 with 5k. Basically stock except MIVV slip on's and a PC.

Recently replaced the battery, fresh oil, and coolant. Went for a ride today and everything was smooth. Came down a hill at 80 mph to a one lane bridge. I couldn't see the bridge but saw my buddy ahead of me brake hard, so I did the same coming to a hard quick stop for the on coming car. just as I slowed to 0, my bike stalled. I tried to start it and it just turned but wouldn't fire. Found it's throwing the following codes: 12.2 and 13.2. Apparently both "injectors are shorted to earth"

Has anyone had any experience with this error codes? What are the possible issues and where is the best place to start.

I'm not mechanically inclined, however, I feel I'm getting ready to really know my bike.

Thanks for your help in advance.

#2 ·
first thing i'd try is remove the pc111.second would be the main connecters as they might have been partly pulled apart when you were working on it

#3 ·
Also a good idea to use dielectric grease on those connectors. Also, double check the battery connections. Sometimes the main leads can be hard to align with the battery terminals causing the connection to feel tight until it vibrates into position; then you have a poor conection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.