Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Are you running the stock ECU with a PCIII or did you go to DP Race ECU? The reason I ask is, I'm looking at either the SC Projects exhaust or the QD exbox and I'm wondering what to do about the o2 sensor. Thanks

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I have the Zard system and the DP ECU/PCIII dyno tuned. It runs great, but sucks fuel. I am barely getting 28-30 mpg depending upon running conditions.

I think you can get the stock ECU reprogrammed now. Check out some of the threads on this.

Out!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it that since you are using the DP ecu you are not running an o2 sensor...The issue you are having is one of the reasons I dont want to run the DP.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Not sure which bike you're asking about, but I'm running a Silmotor 60mm ti full system on my '03 999, alongside a PCIII. No O2 sensor in the exhaust system.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hyper.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Stock ECU with a PC3 will buy you nothing, you need to ditch the closed loop system. The DP ECU will work fine without a PC3, or you can look into a reflash of your stock ECU. You don't need the PC3, its just a way of fine tuning the map for your configuration. With the DP ECU and LV exhaust, I'm getting close to 40 mpg in cruise mode, mid 30s if I'm on it alot, and it pulls hard.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have a full Arrow exhaust system with the DP cams ecu. I've had no problems, getting nearly 42mpg droning along at highway speeds. Haven't installed the cams yet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a Quat-D, race ecu, PCIII, dynoed

Reason for the race ecu was to get rid of the exhaust valve motor, since I installed it I removed the lamba thing as well.

Reason for the PCIII was to get the most out of the config: a) fuel milage got better b) low mid torque significantly increased c) a bit more hp all over but that was not important to me. Search the form somewhere I posted my dyno.

BTW - if you are getting a xbox consider to get it coated straight away including header pipes. Although all and everything is titan/stainless is looks ugly just a few weeks later. I just put all and everything in bits and pieces and let black chrom coated. Dirty work to clean it especially inside. I'll post pics when it's done.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a Quat-D, race ecu, PCIII, dynoed

Reason for the race ecu was to get rid of the exhaust valve motor, since I installed it I removed the lamba thing as well.

Reason for the PCIII was to get the most out of the config: a) fuel milage got better b) low mid torque significantly increased c) a bit more hp all over but that was not important to me. Search the form somewhere I posted my dyno.

BTW - if you are getting a xbox consider to get it coated straight away including header pipes. Although all and everything is titan/stainless is looks ugly just a few weeks later. I just put all and everything in bits and pieces and let black chrom coated. Dirty work to clean it especially inside. I'll post pics when it's done.
Cool to see you went to the exbox. Your hyper was one of the first that I saw with any mods done to it. Got me going on mine. I'm thinking about getting it coated for sure but its a bit spendy from motowheels. I might just do it myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts