Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - just wondering how many of us are around and would like to see a thread to discuss the peculiarities of these fairly rare machines. Of course the dna of these models can be seen to a large extent in the '91 - '98 models, but they do have quite a different character, just as much F1 as SS.

Just to start things, anyone know any of the paint codes for the red and white 900's ? Also , I am keen to fit the later clutch system if it is possible - has anyone had the pleasure ? Anyone good stuff to trade - sell ?

Please post pictures and help to get something going for these poor old largely unknown / forgotten dukes. I posted one recently but here it is again. Thanks , Jake (Australia).
p.s. sorry about the crappy pic quality , I only have a phone camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
check out

not to hijack ducati.ms, but you will find a lot more people with 750 sports at ducatipaso.org

i just got mine about 2 weeks ago and have found a lot of good information there-

sadly, i don't think we got any 900 supersports in the US, and only 400 750 sports were imported, so its sort of a limited circle in our market.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My dad owns a SS from 89.
He always liked riding it and i rode on the back of the through a big part of europe.
The tail section broke some time ago :(
We got a new set of fairings including tail some time ago to paint and put on. Not original, however alot lighter.

A guy i ride with from time to time owns a 750 sport from the same year, they look excellent in the grey/red imo.

I'll post a picture after we're done with it (could take a while, some others projects first)

Your's looks really great, love the upgrades you made to it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
WOW.

And they are just "crapphy phone pics"? What a great looking bike!

I've been intrigued by these bikes. Never been close to one, but they do seem to have some F1 DNA, which is something that appeals to me a lot.

Don't have much else to contribute here, but just congratulate you on a really beautiful bike.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Mine is (was) an '89. However I've done some "subtle upgrades". Including the clutch swap. I've mentioned that elsewhere in Ducati.ms, but here's a link to where I'm at currently.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/57-supersport/123519-project-1989-900ss-performance-rebuild.html

As such mine probably now has its own set of peculiarities.

In fact Jake, you were the inspiration for my swingarm conversion. After that it was pretty much down the rabbit hole, so you have a lot to answer for. ;) Looking at your pics again, I'd have to say yours is the nicest '89 I've ever seen. The suspension and wheels really suit the bike. :cool:

Full Ohlins R&Ts with 1198 radial brakes next....

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Got one 1990 900SS here in NH. Looking for a new front fender???
Wow, that's a rare beast in the US! Wonder if they sold them in Canada...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts