Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed so many different radial calipers on Fleebay. Is there a difference between say the Hypers radial caliper compared to the 1098's radial caliper? Color is the only difference I would think? Am I thinking correctly? I want to replace the Ohlins on the 749 with radial mounts and was wondering if there are any difference? anyone?

·
Registered
961 Posts
I think you will be disappointed if you don't get the 4 pad radial calipers. The ones you have are probably better than the 2 pad radial ones.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Two-piece, 4-pad radial "triple-bridge" calipers (OEM 999S,R/749R) are a good choice and can be found reasonably inexpensive. The more current choices are the 2-piece, 2-pad "basic" calipers found on many models (cheaper replacement pads) and M4 Monoblocs found on the more upscale models including 848 EVO, 1198 and D16RR. All of these calipers are 100mm spacing and 4x34mm pistons (per caliper) and will have the same hydraulic ratio as your current setup.

The Panigale calipers are 30/34, meaning each caliper has 2x30mm pistons and 2x34mm pistons; as are the billet HP calipers. These calipers will have a very firm feel with an OEM 18mm or aftermarket 19mm master cylinder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts