Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Statewide average = $4.18 per gallon of typically crap-ass "Cali-Egas" ... that ethanol laced shit.

Nationwide average = $2.68 per gallon.

$1.50 difference. That's some fuddup shit right there.

They just keep on chasing people out of the state with their taxation policies!!!!!

>:)

These are gasoline prices, not "G.A.S." prices. In the music industry "GAS" stands for "gear acquisition syndrome". That is to say, the obsession with buying ALL the gears and ALL the stuffs. Quite applicable to some folks into motorcycles!

:grin2:

·
Señor Member
8,078 Posts
Half the problem with California's high tax rate is the idiot voters that approved it. We live with some uninformed people when it comes to voting.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Statewide average = $4.18 per gallon of typically crap-ass "Cali-Egas" ... that ethanol laced shit.

[
I just dragged my toyhauler to Alabama over the first weekend this month.

Going and coming I was paying between 2.15 and 2.24 for 87 octane. 10% ethanol.

Y'all are getting the shaft...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
They blew up what, about 5% of world oil capacity a while back in Saudi Arabia?
No wonder gas prices went up 20% since then. The thieving bastards.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Want cheap gas move to Venezuela, 2 bananas per gallon.

We pay around $4 per gallon, while most municipalities struggle to supply clean water our petrol is of excellent quality and super clean.

Complaining about the price of ethanol laced gas is a bit like complaining that your STD infected pleasure provider costs too much, no.

·
Smut peddler
874 Posts
Want cheap gas move to Venezuela, 2 bananas per gallon.

We pay around $4 per gallon, while most municipalities struggle to supply clean water our petrol is of excellent quality and super clean.

Complaining about the price of ethanol laced gas is a bit like complaining that your STD infected pleasure provider costs too much, no.
You saying my Hypermotard has herpes? Them is fighting words, bro.

Here's my take on Cali gas. My employer provides me with a gas card, I never check the price when filling up my bikes, because, well, it's three gallons, who gives a shit. And I haven't turned on my furnace or AC since I moved here, so that's the balance. Toodles

·
Registered
540 Posts

$1.50 difference. That's some fuddup shit right there.

They just keep on chasing people out of the state with their taxation policies!!!!!
Suggestions on care and feeding of a friendly biker forum:
1. no political hack jobs; please. we all need a break from it here.
2. pix or it didn't happen, and..
3. quote your sources or its BS or just your opinion - which is OK if stated as such.

OK, the Facts. Cali Gas and 49-State Gas are basically the same:
NOW FOR THE COST DATA... Per the US Energy Information Administration gasoline price database, 2019 shows $3.087 per gallon [average/all pump grades] for the West Coast+Arizona without Cali versus $3.677 for Cali... a whopping $0.59 per gallon difference. Where did you get $1.50?

Taking into account Cali's higher cost of living due to the higher population density of hot chicks and increased brainiac income, even a higher minimum wage, the difference is basically zilch in real dollars. if you have a job.

And Dude, even our Ducs get maybe 30 mpg when we cane em, so who cares! :cool: But here ya go:

CALIFORNIA GASOLINE PRICES, ANNUALIZED:

WEST COAST + ARIZONA, less California, GASOLINE PRICES, ANNUALIZED:

OK that was fun.. 👾👾👾

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I just take it as a sun tax. Sunny and mild while half the country is freezing their nads off. :p

Also the air here is visibly better than 30 years ago. I like that, breathing is good.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I just take it as a sun tax. Sunny and mild while half the country is freezing their nads off. :p
This. The last officially sunny day in Seattle was November 30th, 2019; there are no sunny days in the forecast, only grey and raining. And gas here is still expensive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts