Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

First post here. I am considering purchase of a previous (2008 and before) generation monster out here in California. The model that I want is the S4R (or the S version) but for some reason, 2008 models in california are only the Tri-Color (which I do not like). Local dealer says that for US only color in S4Rs was tri-color but I have no way to ratify that.

Other dealers in the country have the 2007 S4Rs in other colors, but isn't there any emissions restrictions? In case of the BMW, they produce a std 50 state emissions, but unsure if this is the case with Ducati or not.

Can some forum members check the labelling on their monster bikes to see if it says emissions are california compliant?

Thanks

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Ducati, like BMW, makes their bikes 50-state legal. It means less variation for them, and they can be sold without modification in any state.

According to Ducati's site, the S4R Testastretta for 2008 came in red with a white stripe and matte gray with a black stripe.

The S4Rs came in red with a white stripe and white with a red stripe. It also came as a tricolore.

As to whether Ducati USA imported those, I can't answer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hello folks,

First post here. I am considering purchase of a previous (2008 and before) generation monster out here in California. The model that I want is the S4R (or the S version) but for some reason, 2008 models in california are only the Tri-Color (which I do not like). Local dealer says that for US only color in S4Rs was tri-color but I have no way to ratify that.

Other dealers in the country have the 2007 S4Rs in other colors, but isn't there any emissions restrictions? In case of the BMW, they produce a std 50 state emissions, but unsure if this is the case with Ducati or not.

Can some forum members check the labelling on their monster bikes to see if it says emissions are california compliant?

Thanks
They are all 50 State legal. First thing I did when I bought mine was remove the catalytic converter, and all the other crap. A new set of Termi's and DP ECU makes the bike run the way it was designed to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts