Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
A friend needs to free up some cash and wanted to know if I was interested in his 1992 Ducati 750SS. He bought it new and it has 15k miles on it. I'm 6'3" with ape like 37" arms, which makes it hard for me to fit on many of these bikes. The bike is immaculate and never raced, never down. The bike feels nice, much like my Norton. It does have some mods, so here is what I know: The seat was raised about 3" or so (the rear hump is now a smallish 1-2”) and the rubber from the pegs was removed, which drops them down a bit. Not bad, but about 3” further back and the pegs would be perfect. Stock bars are at a comfortable height for me. He had added an oil pressure gauge, and switched the shifting to the proper up for down pattern (like my Norton ;) ) although kept it shifting on the left. The bike was re-jetted when new to get rid of the leaner emissions based set-up, and a more free flowing exhaust added. It has a color matched tank cover and tank bag (looks like Bagster), The Belts were recently replaced and valves adjusted. Serviced by BCM in Laconia. I have never owned a Duc, but am interested, and have always liked this one.

Anything to watch out for on these? I have heard that Ducati is not supporting the earlier bikes. How hard is it to find parts for them? I tried searching, but haven't found much on them.

Thanks for any help,

Erich

·
Registered
73 Posts
It is not true that Ducati is not supporting so-called Cagiva-era bikes. I have a 95 900SP which the dealer has done number jobs on.

A friend of mine had a 93 with a cracked frame -- Ducati replaced the frame under warranty replacement in 1999!

Also, depends on your dealer. Dealers who've been doing it for a while will likely be no problem. Johnny-come-latelies will probably balk at anything before they started selling Ducs.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
+1

izban said:
It is not true that Ducati is not supporting so-called Cagiva-era bikes. I have a 95 900SP which the dealer has done number jobs on.

A friend of mine had a 93 with a cracked frame -- Ducati replaced the frame under warranty replacement in 1999!

Also, depends on your dealer. Dealers who've been doing it for a while will likely be no problem. Johnny-come-latelies will probably balk at anything before they started selling Ducs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the imput guys. I bought the bike, although it's still at my friends house for the next week or so. It's my newest bike by almost 20 years, and it will be nice to have more modern brakes. My local dealer is BCM Ducati (about 20 miles away). I have been reading up and see some good reviews on their work. I've got an 80 mile round trip commute to work (almost all back roads), so this summer should be fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.