Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would love to hear from some owners out there on their experience with the Scrambler Cafe Racer thus far

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
I am also curious. Been thinking of picking one up as a commuter. Or a Sport Classic...

·
Bon Vivant
11,303 Posts
Last year I went out to the dealership and took a cafe racer for a ride. It didnt bowl me over but I thought it was OK. Then I rode the new SS, that bike, although completely different, was worlds better in every way to me which solidified my idea that the Cafe, although a beautiful machine, is just not enough bike for me.

I'd probably buy one for giggles if I could get it for around $6k but its just not worth $13000 to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually have a sport Classic and loveeeeeeee it. but want something a little more upright and a little less, third degree burns on the inside of my thighs in midtown manhattan rush hour, where if you split lanes cops taze you-ish

I am also curious. Been thinking of picking one up as a commuter. Or a Sport Classic...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last year I went out to the dealership and took a cafe racer for a ride. It didnt bowl me over but I thought it was OK. Then I rode the new SS, that bike, although completely different, was worlds better in every way to me which solidified my idea that the Cafe, although a beautiful machine, is just not enough bike for me.

I'd probably buy one for giggles if I could get it for around $6k but its just not worth $13000 to me.
completely get and agree with you, i would neverrrrrr consider one new, or used until they fell quite a bit

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I actually have a sport Classic and loveeeeeeee it. but want something a little more upright and a little less, third degree burns on the inside of my thighs in midtown manhattan rush hour, where if you split lanes cops taze you-ish
I’m in that exact situation and frame of mind as I too have a SC, a 2006 SC with all the mods and wouldn’t part with it for all the money in the world however it’s hot as hell when riding in town, especially when you hit a red light. So I bought a 2018 Scrambler CR and it gets delivered tomorrow ? Price was decent @ $10.5K as it’s a demo but with only 400 miles. Will let you guys know my thoughts after I ride it a week or two.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m in that exact situation and frame of mind as I too have a SC, a 2006 SC with all the mods and wouldn’t part with it for all the money in the world however it’s hot as hell when riding in town, especially when you hit a red light. So I bought a 2018 Scrambler CR and it gets delivered tomorrow ? Price was decent @ $10.5K as it’s a demo but with only 400 miles. Will let you guys know my thoughts after I ride it a week or two.
honestly cant wait to hear your thoughts! maybe you can even throw up a quick video walk around so we can really hear what you think of the bike vs reading and trying to guess inflection

·
Registered
9 Posts
How is the seating position compared to say a triumph Thruxton? I particularly love the look of the new 2019 with the hydraulic clutch. I’m getting old and the lean forward is getting hard in my wrists. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts