Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granted, not many of us go there this time of year....but anyway...

"During repairs, the park will close Laurel Creek Road just after the turn to Tremont. The road will be closed to everyone, be it drivers, cyclists, or pedestrians. The only way for anyone to get to Cades Cove is to hike one of the trails, at minimum an eight-mile trek."

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i rode my Harley through cades cove once. I wish I had ridden it off a cliff instead. 20+ miles at a walking pace is excruciating !!
I spend a lot of time in Cades Cove. I'll bet I've been through it between 75 - 100 times.

But I only rode through it once on a motorcycle. 2 up with my wife. Never again.

But one morning (a Wednesday I believe), I spent a couple hours chasing back and forth between Townsend and the Visitor's center near Gatlinburg. Low to no traffic...it was fun. Much more fun than The Cove...:sneaky:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I spend a lot of time in Cades Cove. I'll bet I've been through it between 75 - 100 times.

But I only rode through it once on a motorcycle. 2 up with my wife. Never again.

But one morning (a Wednesday I believe), I spent a couple hours chasing back and forth between Townsend and the Visitor's center near Gatlinburg. Low to no traffic...it was fun. Much more fun than The Cove...:sneaky:
I've made that run many times (been going to that area for about 20 years). Real early in the morning you can get through with out much traffic. After that it's usually a slog.

Cades cove is great in a car or truck....I've done that several times. There are some good hikes that start there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts