Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you that has chosen to read this post.
I hope that you are enjoying your riding during this 2019 season.

My posting is to ask if anyone has rode on the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island?
I’m aiming to head in that direction soon and would like to just get a simple opinion or recommendations about the area and what it has to offer to riders.

The area appears to offer a lot of attractions, such as off the bike activities, hiking, kayaking and such. However this is not on my list to do on this trip.

The “Loop” itself does not appear to be that long, easily achievable in a day. However I would like to make the most of it while on Cape Breton. 1, maybe 2 overnights in different locations.

I’m not going to rush it. I’d like to spend the night at places that some of you may have had a good experience with. And any other places that come to mind.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have ridden the Cabot Trail on four separate trips, the last one being about 8 yrs or so ago. We take the ferry from Portland to Yarmouth and have usually stayed in Baddeck and do the trail in both directions each day. I will never go back as the last two times I did it, the roads were progressively horrible. Rough, uneven, potholed - only the inland path through the northern mountainous area was decent, but it's short. The rest of it was awful. This, combined with the 10% GST and I'm never going back. I would research to see if they have fixed them, but I doubt it. It ruins the ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts