Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike on Aug 15th and so my 90 day temp expires on Nov 15th. I've already contacted the DMV and they just said "yeah it takes every bit of 90 days, just keep waiting". That was about 3 weeks or so ago. They weren't even willing to check and see if they had received the info from the stealership where I bought it new.

I ordered my custom plate online 9/30 and have yet to get notification that it's at the DMV for my to pick up. I know this takes a long time though, 6 months for my last car a couple years ago.

At this point I really don't give a sh*t lol. I'll just keep riding and not loose sleep, I have full coverage insurance and atleast an expired temp lol.

Anyway, I figure at 120 days I'll contact the DMV again and see.

How long did it take you CA guys to get your registration on a new bike?!

Alex

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm a salesman at a shop in San Diego. 90 days is 90 days. I've seen registrations arrive on day 90. Be patient, it's coming.

Stealership. I've always liked that one. You GAVE them money for something you WANTED. And you were happy.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stealership. I've always liked that one. You GAVE them money for something you WANTED. And you were happy.
Funny you mention that, it's kind of a holdover from talking about car dealerships not so much bike shops. However in the case of where I bought mine, stealership suits it perfectly. They lied to me by ommiting certain facts and trying to bend me over for an additional $2K-$4K on something that was FREE from Ducati NA anyway, so yeah.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Registration took about 60 days. But I am still waiting on my title, bought the bike in june. Called and was told your registration says you own the bike. I Think that means Shut up and wait.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Do the Jail Birds still make license plates? Should lock up a couple more criminals , to get the pace picked up..

·
Registered
95 Posts
California... ya gotta love it. Being in Illinois I'm marveled by the time it took me to get my title recently. Went to the DMV to get new plates for my "new" 996 :D:D:D and transfer the title from my old bike. I walked out with my new plates and yesterday I received my title in the mail... 9 DAYS. That was something. They mustn't be selling many cars so have lots of time at the state.

·
Registered
43 Posts
HA! Too funny!!!!

The registration/plate/tags were in my mail box today! LOL!
Glad you got them in. I walked out of the DMV with registration the same day.

My custom plate took a good 3 months longer than expected to get the notice it was ready to pick up. So long that I forgot about it until last week when I was redoing the auto reg. Lucky for me it was still sitting there after a year.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I was talking to a co-worker ,he says there is a huge backlog of people waiting for their graduated licenses (riding and driving)Seems the testers are on strike or something like that ..Basically unionized Gov't workers that believe they are owed a job ..I'll bet these lazy worthless beings have never broke sweat a day in their sorry ass lives .. Holding the citizens who overpay their wages and far too generous benifits hostage ...

Nobody (elected officials) have the Moxy to administer Justice ..

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just did a title transfer in San Diego and had updated registration in my hand same day, new CA title came <10 days later. Pretty painless, even with the hour+ wait to see somebody at the DMV office.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts