Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got in my Ca Cycleworks Tank, Has great instructions, quite a change from most parts you get these days:)

Any words of wisdom from any one who has installed one before that might make things easier?

Looking forward to not worring about how much gas I have, before I turn down that new road.

Greg

·
Registered
400 Posts
That video just shows how enept those guys are. Read the end of the "tank thread". There are a few tips there.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
The latest Desmo Leaning from US desmo has an article Jim Calandro did on installing on his hyper, he loves it.

Chris

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Just got in my Ca Cycleworks Tank, Has great instructions, quite a change from most parts you get these days:)

Any words of wisdom from any one who has installed one before that might make things easier?

Looking forward to not worring about how much gas I have, before I turn down that new road.

Greg
Just take your time... make sure you don't crimp any wire looms when fitting the new tank to the frame...

Good luck,

B

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Install wen't great, best instructions I have gotten with a part in a long time!

Filled tank and no longer have to worry about fuel splashing out as you fill.

This tank is engineered and made far better than the factory tank, Well worth the money. All parts dropped in better than instructions lead you to believe.

Greg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tank Comments

Congratulations on your new tank. While in most places, gas stations are prevalent enough that getting it when you need it is not an issue. Having said that - I had a tank installed in mine and I DEFINITELY appreciate the extra miles and piece of mind. The only real issue with the tank is the damn seat - my ass is sore by the time I have to actually fill it up. I guess I need to invest in the gel seat.

Caution: Watch the wires that run from the battery up to the fuze box.
On my bike, after some amount of time, the seat support bar (middle of the seat) that goes over top of the wires on both sides - eventually wore away the protective wrapping and the actual plastic on the wires. Bottom line, the metal frame/brace touched enough wires to short out more fuzes than I had spares. Dead bike in a no-cell coverage area.

My solution was to shave some of the metal from the brace (it already has an area cut out for the wires); and then I wrapped the wires in more electrician's tape, duck tape and then added foam padding for insurance.

Love the tank. These people make a great product.

Lee
08 Hypermotard
08 BMW R1200 GSA

·
Registered
377 Posts
What do you think of the noise from the pod filters? Is it that much noisier than the airbox?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Air Filter Noise with Tank Mod

Yeah - there is more noise, but it is a good noise. Like the sound of secondaries kicking in on a powerful car engine.

I recently rode a sort distance home without my normal ear plugs and the noise was not bad.

Hell - with all the gears, belts and so forth - combined with the Termi slip ons, the noise from the front just sort of balances everything out. IF you want a quiet bike - try a Honda. Just kidding - some of them are even louder than my bike.

Bottom line - the amount of noise increase is definitely overcome by the pleasure of not having to worry about where the next gas station might be.

Lee

·
Registered
74 Posts
Air Filter Noise with Tank Mod

Yeah - there is more noise, but it is a good noise. Like the sound of secondaries kicking in on a powerful car engine.

I recently rode a sort distance home without my normal ear plugs and the noise was not bad.

Hell - with all the gears, belts and so forth - combined with the Termi slip ons, the noise from the front just sort of balances everything out. IF you want a quiet bike - try a Honda. Just kidding - some of them are even louder than my bike.

Bottom line - the amount of noise increase is definitely overcome by the pleasure of not having to worry about where the next gas station might be.

Lee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts