Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had wanted this tail section since I bought my bike back in 2010. I finally figured it was time to reward myself so I talked to Chris and he was extremely quick to respond and sent me numerous pictures to confirm paint color etc.

I hadn't seen too many detailed install pics so I wanted to post some of to show the process and to show off my new parts.

I had bought the termi 2 into 1 race kit quite some time ago so I didn't have completely stock rear. So I'll start with just a bare subframe and the install of the seat bracket.

after I had this installed I lined up the tail section and marked my rear subframe so I would have a reference of where to drill

I did this with the seat on and then took that off and got to drilling.

one side drilled sigh of relief - really wasn't difficult

on to the next

before I wired everything up I made sure I had a good fit and it was like a glove

then I got to the wiring which was pretty straight foward. I reused all of the stock connectors

I originally had a set of aftermarket blinkers up front so I installed the included resistors and I got my blink rate perfect

I ultimately decided to throw my factory rear blinkers up front as I wasn't all that thrilled with the aftermarket ones I was running. With this set up I no longer needed the resistors and have a perfect blink rate

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
now on to some pictures of the finished project and a big thanks to Chris at C2D. I work on computers all day long and I couldn't get over how quick Chris was to respond and answer my questions. I highly recommend him. I know I will be doing business with him again once he starts producing a belly pan.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,371 Posts
It looks incredible! Never been much of a 2-1 system kinda guy, not much for the looks, but if I were this is exactly the route I'd take! props!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for the purchase Chris.....these things are pretty well dialed in now. They really transform the bike in my opinion.

Belly pan next.....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very cool looking tail!

Will this tail work with exhausts similar to the stock ones? I have the Leo Vince pipes with the two canisters under the tail similar to the stock configuration.

I'm also very interested in a belly pan as soon as they are available.

C2D, I tried PM'ing you but it says your box is full.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Very cool looking tail!

Will this tail work with exhausts similar to the stock ones? I have the Leo Vince pipes with the two canisters under the tail similar to the stock configuration.

I'm also very interested in a belly pan as soon as they are available.

C2D, I tried PM'ing you but it says your box is full.
No it won't work with that tail section. If you want something different you gotta get the aviacompositi tail section. Search the hyper photo thread I got my bike there with that tail section.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Mike the Snake....I pm'd you. Sorry about the box being full.

The tail can work with any exhaust system BUT it would take some creative work with LEDS to make it work with the OEM exhausts since they cover the area we use for our tail and tag light. I've been considering building a different style tail lamp to fit our tail but I keep getting side tracked....

Shoot me a PM if you need more info.....sorry again about the full mailbox.

Chris
C2D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hey Mike the Snake....I pm'd you. Sorry about the box being full.

The tail can work with any exhaust system BUT it would take some creative work with LEDS to make it work with the OEM exhausts since they cover the area we use for our tail and tag light. I've been considering building a different style tail lamp to fit our tail but I keep getting side tracked....

Shoot me a PM if you need more info.....sorry again about the full mailbox.

Chris
C2D
Hey Chris sorry I didn't want to rule out your tail section I was just aware of the tail light being blocked by the exhaust. You should definetely think of working something else out for your tail that would better suit the stock exhaust location.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Working on it....originally I wanted my personal tail section to have "free mounted" LEDs....never got around to it. I'll come up with something though. There are some very interesting LED assemblies out there now. Just need to make sure they provide adequate lighting for safety. I guess the tag might be an issue too....I suppose that could be mounted under the exhaust. Guess I'll need to buy a stock Hyper so I can prototype it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts