Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I’m thinking of getting a C.F. Belly Pan for my 2002 998, but what is the best way to mount them??? I’ve seen the mounting kit that Moto Wheels sells, which allows you to mount the belly pan to the frame, and I have also seen them mounted with the Duz clips attached to the side fairings!! Just looking for some good install tips???????

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just added a full belly pan on my stock plastic..........it took all day..lots of measuring....made one bracket....thats all that you will need. I'll try to take some pics and post them tomorrow

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHHSK, Thanks for the old thread link!!!! it looks like i will be getting some Moto Wheel brackets also!

Matt P, P.M. me some pic's of the belly pan you have.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
no problem, I'll be back home in a month in case you want pics of the way I bent them to fit around everything.'

Oscar

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gentlemen, What brand C.F. belly pan should i purchase to fit with the stock body work on a 2002 998??? I've seen some of the belly pans say not compatible with the stock OEM fairings!!!

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
For modifications to your fairings it depends.

If you get this style:

You will have to trim a fairly large crescent shape out of the bottom of both fairings extending a bit up the sides. this is what i consider the Desmo era pan.

If you get one like this:

drool

You will end up cutting away a good strip of fairing from the V piece back.

Some Belly pans are designed to be used with the kickstand mounted. Some are not. that involves more trimming if you decide to run a kickstand and you have a belly pan without provisions for one.

Oscar

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
If you need some help mounting things up- contact Matt at [email protected]. He has done a few of them. We also have the same set on our 996R project bike here in the shop.

The brackets are the way to go. They allow you to leave the belly pan attached if you only want to remove the sides.

We also have the Dzus pins and receivers in stock to go with the brackets.

-M

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhsk, thanks for the great info, I will be using the kickstand and i guess i will be going with the Desmo era pan!! man 998 looks the mutts nuts, and the cats ass!!!!! lol, lol.

Moto, do you sell the Desmo era pan??? for street use with the kickstand???

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Ahhsk, thanks for the great info, I will be using the kickstand and i guess i will be going with the Desmo era pan!! man 998 looks the mutts nuts, and the cats ass!!!!! lol, lol.

Moto, do you sell the Desmo era pan??? for street use with the kickstand???
I think we only have the race ones left in stock.

Please contact [email protected] to get a street version belly.

-M

1 - 12 of 12 Posts