1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
12,244 Posts
What percentage of emissions do all of the motorcycles in California REALLY contribute? Sheesh
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Those clowns really need to find something better to do or disband. They already regulated the heck out of off-road vehicles, now they want another bite out of street bikes? Hey CARB, how about locomotives and diesel trucks? Or ducks and geese?

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
You guys must not be buying enough electric bikes out there.

Come on the gas guzzlers are already being strangled by O2 sensors so much they are on the verge of destruction. To be honest this does not surprise me in the least 20 years ago Arizona had road side sniffers that would snap pictures of polluting cars on on ramps and you would have to get emission tested if caught. If you were too bad of a polluter so that it cost over a certain amount to fix you got a waiver and did not have to fix it.

Remember this is not about pollution , it is about your kind of pollution.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,855 Posts
The worst part about being as screwed up as California is they don’t even realize how screwed up they are. The loonies have taken control of the asylum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
12,244 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was reading this article right up until it mentioned that EVs were storing electricity in lead acid batteries....which is a bit outdated. Then I checked the date on the article.......it's 22 years old.:laugh: But I think the aggregate environmental benefit of shifting to electric vehicles has been the subject of debate for some time. Because although an electric vehicle's power train generates no NOx, CO, CO2, HC, formaldehyde, etc. there're still emissions generated upstream during electricity generation. Not all power plants are wind, solar and hydro-electric....many are still coal fired.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well they have a pdf about the goals:
https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/motcycle/a.pdf

My KTM started to suffocate and needed CPR after reading it...
There's some interesting stuff in their presentation. I'm not so concerned about CARB's interest in adopting Euro 5 emission standards as much as I'm concerned about the fact that CARB looked into emissions system tampering, to the extent that they've either researched an estimate or gone through the trouble of generating their own. That says to me that there might be a renewed interest in motorcycle smog check and a crack down on the sale of performance parts in California.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts