Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everyone...we're on for next weekend!! I found out yesterday I'm getting a job promotion at work. Not a rank promotion but a new job. I've been an instructor for a couple years and I just found out I will be moving up to examiner. This requires me to take a three day class that starts 1 May, which guarantees I'll be in town next weekend. Right now, I'm gonna pick Sunday cause it's easier to get my sister-in-law to babysit. My suggestions..

Sunday the 30th, we meet at Safeway gas station on Del Paso Rd (between I-5 and Truxel Blvd) at Noon. Go grap a quick lunch somewhere, (Sonic in Woodland!!!) and let Jovan lead us through Berryesa. Or we can go to the base first...I have no preference. I am also working on seeing if we can all get the bikes on the flight line and take a club photo right next to a plane. Stay tuned for that one though.

Clear your schedules now!!! OK, let the flaming begin...(John & Jovan...he he he, JK!!!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Sigh. Bitten by the Reserves, again. I've got a bivouac that weekend, so no go for me. But when you guys get to the base, give me a call. I'll look into giving y'all a tour of the EOD shop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
Atta boy Jon

galaxy said:
OK everyone...we're on for next weekend!! I found out yesterday I'm getting a job promotion at work. Not a rank promotion but a new job. I've been an instructor for a couple years and I just found out I will be moving up to examiner. This requires me to take a three day class that starts 1 May, which guarantees I'll be in town next weekend. Right now, I'm gonna pick Sunday cause it's easier to get my sister-in-law to babysit. My suggestions..

Sunday the 30th, we meet at Safeway gas station on Del Paso Rd (between I-5 and Truxel Blvd) at Noon. Go grap a quick lunch somewhere, (Sonic in Woodland!!!) and let Jovan lead us through Berryesa. Or we can go to the base first...I have no preference. I am also working on seeing if we can all get the bikes on the flight line and take a club photo right next to a plane. Stay tuned for that one though.

Clear your schedules now!!! OK, let the flaming begin...(John & Jovan...he he he, JK!!!)
Congrats on your promotion Jon!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,740 Posts
Same Same on the promo. I'm in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
I'm in. I'm think maybe we should leave a bit earlier .. it will take us a least a 2-3 hours to get through Berry and Napa + stops. Meet up at 10 maybe and head out by 11. If we are ahead of schedule we can always stay on back roads longer. Be @ the AFB ~ 2-3 pm ?? That way we have enough time to go back through Barry if we want to.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,740 Posts
Bombash said:
I'm in. I'm think maybe we should leave a bit earlier .. it will take us a least a 2-3 hours to get through Berry and Napa + stops. Meet up at 10 maybe and head out by 11. If we are ahead of schedule we can always stay on back roads longer. Be @ the AFB ~ 2-3 pm ?? That way we have enough time to go back through Barry if we want to.
I agree. But, meet up at 10 and head out by 11? What do you want, happy hour or something? How about meet at 10 and leave by 10:30am MAX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Bring Friends?

Sounds fun. If I convince three friends of mine to come would you guys mind the company on the cruise. We normally go to the lake on Sunday and stop at a store called 'Three Corners'.
Nice weather yesterday(Sunday) for the ride but the roads were not that great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We rode all day yesterday and saw not many problems with the roads at all?? Do your friends ride Ducs??

So, 10 it is!!!! At Safeway still. Show fed. On the road NLT 10:30
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,908 Posts
How do I get to the Safeway from Downtown?

Is Del Paso Road off of I-5 near West El Camino or I-80 near Truxel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Take I-5 north like you are going to the airport. You will see Arco Arena off to your right. Del Paso Rd is the next exit past Arena Blvd exit. Exit on Del Paso and stay to the right. Safeway is on the left at the next stop light...can't miss it. The gas station is right out front.

If you do happen to get off on Truxel, just continute north on Truxel towards the arena and take a left on Del Paso at the light. Safeway will be a couple blocks down on the right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
galaxy said:
We rode all day yesterday and saw not many problems with the roads at all?? Do your friends ride Ducs??
Nope, one has a honda Repsol, Suzuki SV1000, and a Suzuki BANDIT 1200.
I e-mailed them this thread but nobody responded yet so I may come along. Hey its only Monday and got 6 days to bother them enough to cave.
The only Superbike I have met at the lake is Glen and he has a yellow 996. But I have seen a few monsters and one PAUL SMART.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,896 Posts
Which part of 113, the Davis side or Woodland side?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
113 is 11 miles from that Safeway...OR as Scott put it, 11 miles from that Safeway to 113 in Woodland. I think the 113 exit off of I-80 may be a bit closer but it's pretty much even. There's not a huge difference.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,740 Posts
RoAdK1LL said:
Nope, one has a honda Repsol, Suzuki SV1000, and a Suzuki BANDIT 1200.
I e-mailed them this thread but nobody responded yet so I may come along. Hey its only Monday and got 6 days to bother them enough to cave.
The only Superbike I have met at the lake is Glen and he has a yellow 996. But I have seen a few monsters and one PAUL SMART.

This is a Duc only venture, if I'm not mistaken. However, for political reasons there might be an MV 1000 in my group (he also has a 996R racebike) and a cool chick on a 1000RR. Only because she signed up for the Reno Track Day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
no problem

John said:
This is a Duc only venture, if I'm not mistaken. However, for political reasons there might be an MV 1000 in my group (he also has a 996R racebike) and a cool chick on a 1000RR. Only because she signed up for the Reno Track Day.

No worries, Sunday is looking to be a fine day for riding. Maybe I will see you guys riding around the lake, at the corner store, or near the bridge.

Galaxy, I received an e-mail from ducati.ms that you sent a pm today around 1:53pm. But when I logged in after work I had no PM. If you replied to my pm just send it again. If you never sent one, I guess I need to call the doctor for some reading glasses.
later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
Scott/Jon,

Just trying to figure out if we should meet at Safeway, or at the Chevron on 80 & 50 (west sac) Depends how we want to make our way to Berry. I'll map out a rout and post it before the trip, in case someone has a better rout.

Roadkill - we watched your buddy's bike towed by the cop that pulled us over ("us" meaning the troublemakers only - Misti & Jon, I was "legal" that day in the eyes of the law)

I guess we should establish who we can invite and how many people total before we all bring friends and ruin the day for someone. Jon?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MapQuest says I-5N to Woodland then 113S is the quickest way to get to the Chevron in Winters (road 31 over to 505) from this Safeway...just for FYI. I picked Safeway because this is MY gig and that's were I buy gas!!! (Ha, just kidding Jovan) Seriously though, I just threw out Safeway cause it's easy and familiar. If the other Chevron location is easier or more convenient for everyone, that's absolutely OK with me. 113's prettier than 80!! We still have 3 full days to decide.

I don't really have a limit for going on base, I just "preferr" that it stay amongst friends through here. I fully realize this is a public forum and make this next disclaimer for that purpose....

"If you are not a current and active poster here in the NorCal section, established a friendship with any of our members, or not a member of the D.O.G. (or don't ride a Duc...with a couple exceptions to be made by us!! [Dug's wife will be joining us on her 900RR...but I told him to let her ride the Sport!!]) and have been following this thread deciding you will join us for a free trip on base, you are in for some dissapointment. This is a free country with free roads, but I WILL turn you away. I don't mean to be a jerk and maybe you feel this should have been advertised in private, but you can not fairly expect me to take full responsibilty for escorting complete strangers onto a military installation flight line and climb around on a billion dollar piece of equipment. Ain't gonna happen"

There...got that out of the way. If there is any doubt amongst us as to wether you are a questionable candidate, please PM me for clairification. Doesn't seem like it should be an issue though for either event.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
Okay, folks -- I was all set last Sunday with a kitchen pass and ever'tang. This Sunday is iffy for me because I've already obtained a KP to go to a poker game Saturday nite. As y'all are way more important to me than any dumb low-stakes poker game, I'll try to re-arrange my schedule to join you. Probably end up saving me about $20 in the long run too...
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top