Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i bypass the cat on my 08 1100s would i need a remap..?? Bike is stock..and also..what are the pros and cons to bypassing..thanks. Mark

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
From what I've read it isn't really neccessary, but it would be advisable.

Benefits:
- Weight reduction, I think it was a good 2 or 3 kilo's
- Exhaust sound gets deeper
- Minor performance increase (not always the case)
- Looks nicer and cleaner than that big bulky cat

Cons:
-Your clothes will smell like gas bit more

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured it would lean out air fuel mix a bit because of the loss of back pressure...hypers run a bit lean anyway dont they..?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yeah it does lean out the mixture a bit and stock hyper runs pretty lean. My hyper already had the DP ECU with a fuel trim adjustment before I placed the decat.

If you're really worried about the bike running too lean, you can get a Ducatidiag license for 100 euro's and the cables for $18 and flash the DP-ecu map on your hyper.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Put a pipe and chinese bypass on my 08 with no ecu changes and it runs fine. Just left the flapper motor less the cables (advice from outbackbiker).
Sometimes throws a code, just turn it off and on again and ok till next time. Will Ducatidiag when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm running the Leo Vince Cat eliminator and Leo Vince slip-ons with the fatduc manipulator; runs very well. I will get a reflash eventually...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am running stock cans with cat delete and DP air box lid. I had mine reflashed and then had dealer reset TPS. I figure these things already run so lean that I did not want to risk it.
By the way, it revs much faster , sounds better with better throttle response.
If you reflash you can also delete the O2 sensors as well.
Cheap mod to really wake the motor up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just bought slip on Termi and planning to buy cat delete, which is better, LV or arrow? Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Don't know much about arrow but i do know Leo Vince is top notch !!! Fitment ,looks , and quality !!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
OK, I'll go with LV. If I install slip on Termi and LV cat delete. what will happen to exhaust valve and O2 sensor? Still installed or do I need to remove them also? Please advice me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Very useful info...i will order the lv right away.
Hi cloudsplitter, not sure if you have already ordered the LV decat? However I would seriously consider looking at replacing the header pipes altogether. This is something I did recently to my 08 HM1100S. I purchased a set of MIVV collectors which were only slightly more $$ than the LV decat pipe. I have had an excellent result with this mod. I posted to the forum recently with pics at this link http://www.ducati.ms/forums/92-hypermotard/152451-fitting-mivv-collectors-hm1100s.html

So far as an 08 HM running too lean with only a decat pipe mod, this not an issue. The ECU which runs closed loop, will compensate to try and maintain the programmed stoichiometric ratio (air to fuel). I will not try to explain the mechanics as there is an excellent synopsis worth reading on the bike boy website regarding how EFI and closed loop vs open loop ECUs operate: BikeBoy.org - Fuel Injection – Open Loop and Closed Loop
That said I would agree with Drinky and consider looking at Ducatidiag as an option. It will give you access to flash your ECU and even go further toward trimming and creating custom maps via the other tools on offer through the forum.

Best of luck with what ever option you choose. :)

Regards Nick

·
Registered
449 Posts
hi Mark

Mivv is a different manufacturer to Leo Vince. here is a link to their website Home - MIVV

I purchased my collectors on ebay directly from a supplier in Italy, cost me about $320.00 AUD which included shipping. took about 2 weeks to ship.

regards Nick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts