Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
baby Im back,just traded in the triumph for a gt1000 and Im glad I did that,this is my 2nd duc.the first was a s2r 1000 and the wifey said NO WAY AM I GETTIN ON THAT THING,in retrospect I dont blame her.so I traded that in for a bonnie ,she was happy I was not,this went on for 3 years,but I regrew my balls and did the manly thing,she dont know any better ,she see s a big soft seat and shes happy and now so am I.this is got to be the best bike Ive ever owned and it only has 50 miles on it and Im in love already,well just had to express my joy!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Congrats mouse! I lurked on the Triumph forum for months when I thought I was going to buy a Scrambler. It was there that I first heard about the GT from a post by one of the guys here who has both a GT and a Bonnie. Over the next few weeks I researched the GT extensively, largely through some real helpful lurking here as well. I soon realized the GT would better suit my needs. Three months of ownership later I feel it's the best bike I've ever owned or ridden. And for two-up it rocks!!:D

·
Registered
985 Posts
Congratulations, Mouse! I'd say that you're going to love the GT, but it sounds like you already do. Smooth move!

PS: I kept my Bonneville, and have never had cause to regret it. The bikes are different, yet complementary.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Lol...we all know you really need at least 10 bikes....at least 4 Ducati..an MV..a BM..Hmmm...it would be lovely to have a big shed and endless funds and a girl that understood....hmm

well done Mouse....cheers

·
Registered
900 Posts
Congrats on your GT. I traded an '04 Bonnie on my GT. While there are aspects of the Bonnie that I miss, I'm glad I have the Ducati. Much more performance oriented. Every bike has issues. The GT's upside makes me not even notice them. Have fun.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Congrats... Ride the hell out of it

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I also got rid of a Bonnie in 07. Congrats on the new purchase.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im in good company

thank for all your replies,it warms the cockels of my heart to hear good thins.its a shame its raining or Id leave work and ride.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Congrats, Mouse.

All I can say is that I hope and pray that my wife never decides to get rid of her Bonnie :think:

RonB

·
svc.bmh.mc
190 Posts
Congratulations on the GT1000. You are going to love it. As others have stated here, it is great for 2-up riding as well.

Cheers -

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
trying to get some seat time today in and out of rain drops,got to get use to these high gears{not so good for city riding}any one change their sprokets and hows that work out.do you have to change your chain too?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Do search for "sprocket" and you'll have something to read while it's raining, and welcome aboard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts