Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so good today. I just love this bike. Perfect weather and the bike just felt so damned good pulling through bends and accelerating out like a t.rex after a safari vehicle. Bwoahh, bowahh .....flat blatting sound of a V Twin chewing through its tyres.

I'm sure it's making ripples appear in the Tarmac as it exits turns. Weight over the centre of the tank, poised on the pegs, arms loose and shoulders relaxed, snick down a gear, nudge the inside bar and we are doing it again, feeling the tyre dig into the road, then being catapulted towards the horizon in a cacophony of sound, a gentle shaking of the instruments, the green needle sweeps around the tachometer and my mate turns into a tiny blur of light in the mirrors. If Zeus had made engines, then this is what he would have made.

The bike is 10 years old now, it's no longer pristine, it's got a few battle scars and wears a top box on every ride, yet it never fails to thrill in a way few bikes ever can.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
222 Posts
It's all about that lovely engine and that flat torque. The battle scars only make you bolder.

(P.S. I'm wondering home may replies it'll be before some self righteous know-it-all stickler on this site gives you a long lecture about how the engine is actually an "L" twin - Those guys just suck the fun out of posting for me.)

·
7,733 Posts
Just so good today. I just love this bike. Perfect weather and the bike just felt so damned good pulling through bends and accelerating out like a t.rex after a safari vehicle. Bwoahh, bowahh .....flat blatting sound of a V Twin chewing through its tyres.

I'm sure it's making ripples appear in the Tarmac as it exits turns. Weight over the centre of the tank, poised on the pegs, arms loose and shoulders relaxed, snick down a gear, nudge the inside bar and we are doing it again, feeling the tyre dig into the road, then being catapulted towards the horizon in a cacophony of sound, a gentle shaking of the instruments, the green needle sweeps around the tachometer and my mate turns into a tiny blur of light in the mirrors. If Zeus had made engines, then this is what he would have made.

The bike is 10 years old now, it's no longer pristine, it's got a few battle scars and wears a top box on every ride, yet it never fails to thrill in a way few bikes ever can.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

Nice post. :) I can identify. My bike never ceases to keep me pleased, especially now that the autumn riding season, with its cool air, clean roads and very few bugs is here. I love the sound of that "L" twin (;)) snarling away on my favorite back roads too. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts