Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I always buy them from my local shop but I know they install them for the people that do buy online! They'll take your money either way!:)

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Beware.....As in any other place, we have at least one local shop that will absolutely refuse to mount tires that you buy from someone other than them (but they do offer a 20% discount to everyone on tires bought through them). We also have several shops that will charge $10-$50 more per tire, depending on weather it is on the bike or not, than they do if you buy a tire from them. Personally, I know several owners of local area shops, and I generally can get the tires as cheap, or cheaper than I can buy them off the internet, especially once you throw in shipping charges. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just about every track event provides tire changing - wheels off is about $15 each tire. I always tip the guy as well...

Dealers will rape you on tire changes.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I buy 99.99% of my tires at Cycle Gear now for one major reason: for an additional 10% they'll provide road hazard coverage. Run over a screw or a nail while the tire still has I think 50% or better tread, replacement is free. I started buying road hazard from Cycle Gear a couple of years back when I had 3 rear flats in a 2 month period. Haven't had a flat tire since. =)

Caveat: when they mount the tires, ask if you can watch them do it. I've heard stories about some CG shops being more interested in finishing quickly than in doing a decent job, and more than one complaint of dings in rims. If you're there watching, though, they're more careful.

·
Registered
235 Posts
rob said:
I buy 99.99% of my tires at Cycle Gear now for one major reason: for an additional 10% they'll provide road hazard coverage.
+1 for Cycle Gear, for that very reason. While I've never had them ding a rim, I've also never had them balance the wheel right either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts