Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Hi Craig,

Thanks, I'd already found both of those links and even posted a 'wanted' ad on the Mil annuncios.com site, asking for a seller who would be prepared to sell to the UK, but there were no takers, which was a shame, as there are some great Forza 350's for sale there. In an earlier life I would have taken a van down for a holiday, but my enthusiasm for adventure has waned with the passage of time. The problem for me with buying used spares from Spain is that I have very little Spanish, and the only practical method of dealing is with PayPal, the acceptance of which seems rare in Spain.

I am a little worried about the durability of the Spanish clocks as there are a lot of owner's reports of the clocks not working, and both of mine appear to be kaput, although it could be due to the cables - I haven't got the bike home yet, so I'm not sure.The plan is not to restore the bike, but to get it into decent running condition and see how I get on with it. I've owned three little Ducs in the past and missed having one in the garage and the Strada looks a pretty sensible version - higher, comfy seat and a decent riding position for country lanes.

I would love pdfs of the books, if you get the time to sort it, thank you.

Buenas tardes, Colin.

Recambios Usados - aka Jesus Lloriente Guzman - takes PayPal. So no worries on that score. He has some English; but if you have a smattering of Spanish, Google Translate will also get you there :). He's only in Valladolid, btw; so if you're tempted to drive down, it's not so far! Spring is coming, you know :)

Reliability of the clocks? Hmmm ... I've had to replace one of my mine. Can't say how much that might/might not have been down to DPO misuse/abuse. And probably no worse than Veglia or CEV - or even Smiths! But best to ask Jon.

For the pdfs, I'll see if I can attach them to a pm from this forum.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Finally enough, my 350 Mk III used to vibrate it's way through Smiths clocks, I think that it vibrated to pieces two Speedos and a rev counter while I had it; my Sebring's Veglia stayed together as did the Smiths on my 450.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Quick update on my 250 Mototrans: on close inspection, it is a bit of a horror. The tank is rusted, filler cap does not fit and I can't find a replacement; exhaust port threads are gone, forks are bent.....I'm in the process of sorting out the front end at the moment and the stanchions are at the straighteners, sliders with the powder coaters. Jesus Guzman in Spain has many small spares, so thank God for him, but bigger stuff is hard to find. I gave up trying to find a back light that would fit the bracket, and ordered a new repro from Italy; the light and a cable cost £18 postage, ouch!

Surprisingly, the swinging arm has plastic bushes, which are not available, but can easily be turned up, but I don't believe any S/A pins are available. Mine was full of rust and sand (like everything on the bike) so I've just cleaned everything up and put the pin back until the time that someone makes some. I'm not restoring it, just putting it into roadworthy condition, so I'm trying to keep as much original stuff as possible to keep the bills down.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.