Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a new or used slipper clutch collecting dust? I'm thinking about buying one after two rear wheel lock ups, nothing bad but enough to get my attention.

Any opinions on which unit is easy to install and maintain?

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Anyone have a new or used slipper clutch collecting dust? I'm thinking about buying one after two rear wheel lock ups, nothing bad but enough to get my attention.

Any opinions on which unit is easy to install and maintain?
Do a search, you'll find many opinions. I went with a Hinson... made by Suter... easy to install, maintain, adjust and uses your OEM clutch basket and plates... has worked flawlessly on track and street since the day I installed it.

b

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Todd (hyprduc) & I have the DP Corsa slipper clutch, which is a straight forward proven ball & ramp design, really simple actually, the clutch comes complete with basket & everything else minus the plates, the good thing about this slipper is that it uses stock or stock style 12T tab clutch plates, which are waaaay cheaper than the 48T plates that some of the other slippers use, I'm now using Barnetts plates, cost about $160.00 The other good thing about this clutch is since its a DP item you can get replacement parts for it at your local Ducati shop.
Look for this clutch on Ebay, sometimes at a "really" good price! :D
Aloha Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts