Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our dollar is going up, which we all know of course but not all of you may have heard the import duty for cars is being halved in jan 2010 so with any luck for bikes as well. might be worth checking if you're in the market

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
our dollar is going up, which we all know of course but not all of you may have heard the import duty for cars is being halved in jan 2010 so with any luck for bikes as well. might be worth checking if you're in the market

That's good news for the Aussy's. I wish Thailand would relax a bit though. Import duties for bikes not built in the country is around 100%.

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,408 Posts
It would be nice if it were to happen. However, I don't think our importer is in a hurry to lower prices, they will just pocket the difference from any import duty reduction and call it profit. I think it is called business.

Yes, we will most probably be in the market most possibly for a Multistrada 1200 in the middle of next year.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like you were right, price doesn't seem to have dropped at all but those multi's are sweet at 150hp. i might have to wait 10 years for a reasonbly price second hand one but i'd be interested to hear your impressions 748

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Gurl, you're going to let Chris buy a bike with the exhaust out the FRONT???

They look funny...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I will start of by appologising to 748Girl for my shallowness, and agree with Mal ,but funny is not a word that comes to mind for me as we are talking about sub 30 grand's worth here, yess the pipes are wrong for me, for me to apreciate I must be moved, and the sliced off trunk (snout, mud guard/ air intake) is a real downer,as for the pipes I need a pipe on either side exiting out the rear for my Italian twin, I beleive this is a Ducati signiture (the exaust). Look I can understand what they may be thinking "BMW GS market share", so 150 bhp bring it on ! comfort and luxury, amen! but you are not getting me to shell out 30 of my hard earnt for some thing that doesn't even strike an emotion other than ohhhhhhhhh nooooooooooo. this proves boy's are shallower than girls I guess.:cool:

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
It would be nice if it were to happen. However, I don't think our importer is in a hurry to lower prices, they will just pocket the difference from any import duty reduction and call it profit. I think it is called business.

Yes, we will most probably be in the market most possibly for a Multistrada 1200 in the middle of next year.
well, it's more accurately called a monopoly.... something generally not tolerated for long in the US, but apparently more so down there eh? What you need to do is become an importer so you increase the number of people in the business, thereby generating some healthy competition which helps savings trickle down to the consumer. Gees, do i have to teach you kids everything? :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts