Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like I will be buying a hyper here in the next few weeks. Probably going to go with a base model as it is all I can afford at the time and the differences aren't really worth it for me. This will be my first new bike (hoping for a 2008). What should I expect to pay. I know alot of the dealers are asking $9995 for a base 2008. What can I talk them down to and do they typically throw in some accessories? This is my first time buying a new bike so it would be helpful if people could post up some/any info. Thanks!! and looking forward to being part of this club. :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
I don't know if this would help, but I bought mine (2009) for around 17000US$ + 950$ registration :( :( .... and that is in Beirut Lebanon, as in the Middle East! where the average income is 10x less than in the US ...... unless you are an arms dealer! ;)

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
take a look at BroMike666's Hyper in the classifieds...if you want an exceptionally well taken care of S model, with some marvelous extras and full termi exhaust, and at a terrific price, i'd buy that one.

best success which ever way you decide to go.

see ya

·
Registered
337 Posts
When I was shopping for a standard model 4 weeks ago, I called all the dealers here in Norcal and the price was between 10K to 11K OTD.

I settled with ACE Motorsports in Concord CA, no haggling, no BS and very straightforward. Bought both the Streetfighter and Hyper from them. :)

Good luck, the hyper is a real scoot.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
take a look at BroMike666's Hyper in the classifieds...if you want an exceptionally well taken care of S model, with some marvelous extras and full termi exhaust, and at a terrific price, i'd buy that one.

best success which ever way you decide to go.

see ya
7400mi is a little too much for what I want. Especially at 12k....

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't know if this would help, but I bought mine (2009) for around 17000US$ + 950$ registration :( :( .... and that is in Beirut Lebanon, as in the Middle East! where the average income is 10x less than in the US ...... unless you are an arms dealer! ;)

Marhaba! Mabrook aleyk.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
7400mi is a little too much for what I want. Especially at 12k....
Would you care to buy mine? It has 4k miles....carbon copy of his motorcycle. PM me if you care to find out more.

Regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
FWIW, I picked up an '08 for $15k OTD with the full Termi system installed by the dealer upon delivery. I'm very happy with the bike and feel I got a decent deal :)

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
When I was shopping for a standard model 4 weeks ago, I called all the dealers here in Norcal and the price was between 10K to 11K OTD.

I settled with ACE Motorsports in Concord CA, no haggling, no BS and very straightforward. Bought both the Streetfighter and Hyper from them. :)

Good luck, the hyper is a real scoot.

can you give us a good comparison between two as far as riding experience goes please

·
Registered
337 Posts
can you give us a good comparison between two as far as riding experience goes please
My take;

Hyper: fun, fun, fun, fun, yehaaw, fun.

SF: serious, serious, seriously fast, serious, sexy, serious.

If I only have one choice, it would be the SF because it does everything fairly well in my book. Light, tight, quick and compact. Enough power when needed, ergo is very comfortable, hand controls are perfectly laid out, brakes are plentiful and the suspension is smooth and responsive. Adding a set of BST's made a huge improvement in handling, turn in is very quick and the handling (due to less rotating mass, resistance and weight saving) is vastly improved.

The hyper is a really fun moto, puts a smile on my face everytime i get on the saddle and its my moto of choice when I get the urge to feel like i am 12 again (my age when I first rode a supermoto). I live in an area where paved goat trails are plentiful and the hyper shines on those roads.

I am very fortunate to have both and IMHO, the perfect 1-2 punch. Its my urban assault stable:)

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
WOW.

Reading the updates was really a waste of my time...

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
Mine is for sale. Click the link in my sig. It's the sickest Hyper available right now, if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
348 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts