Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking about buying a 2019 Ducati Supersport S but it has 7,000 miles and the dealership wants $11,500. I did some research but wanted to talk to experienced Ducati owners to see if it was a good deal or not.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Don't know the year of the bike nor where you are in the country, but a quick search on Cycletrader brought better prices for lower mileage bikes (including a 2019 with less than 2000mi).

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nada Guides in my zip code says average retail = $12,860. KBB average retail = $12,585 in good condition with average miles.

Used Supersports in my area are few and far between. There's a '17 with less than 1500 miles on it at a non-Ducati dealer. They're asking $10,567. It's not an 'S' though.

You may or may not be able to haggle based on supply and demand in your area. Would be a fun bike, no doubt.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Dealers price is always gonna be a few beans higher. They have to keep the lights on. After looking into it, I dont think its a bad deal, not a great deal just what I would expect from a dealer. Have them add in a service or a break on the next major service. If they want to sell it, theyll work something out.

·
Registered
793 Posts
At 7k, their price at KBB avg retail should already include all scheduled service to-date as listed in their scheduled maintenance chart for that particular bike. its in the Owner's Manual, available as a free PDF online. GIYF.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Its all horse-trading, and these guys are masters. get as much as you can. give as little as possible. always be polite, its not personal. This week I've been shopping for a dual sport, new, mid-year/Covid-19 price hunting. Looked on CycleTrader, pinged dealer for best OTD price. they responded, started at a number that was literally 64% higher than the price listed in their own advertisement. I showed them that calculation after asking whether we were talking about the same ad/bike! Said I'd keep shopping. They said let em know if anything changes. Full stop.

Its just supply/demand that determines value - that and hard-ass poker-faced negotiation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts