Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a warning to anyone who is considering buying carbon from this guy, it is junk, and he is a nasty piece of work if you dare request a refund... also known as carbon bikes and trades out of Australia....

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sorry you got burned. I don't buy carbon off e-bay anymore because of a similar experience.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience - I have used carbondude1 in the past and found his products to be fine

Nothing worse than getting a poor response to your issues though

Stu

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also bought a piece for the 998 found them OK.

What piece did you have an issue with ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
PS

If your realy looking for carbon, dont past Shift Tech. (forum sponser)

Guido in the USA is the man, (Aus freindly :) ), discounts and quick shipping.

If we in Aus. combine as order it would be cheaper again.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always buy from Guido at Shift Tech, this guy's stuff does not even come close to it..he is nasty, abusive and un co-operative...beware

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just a warning to anyone who is considering buying carbon from this guy, it is junk, and he is a nasty piece of work if you dare request a refund... also known as carbon bikes and trades out of Australia....
*sigh* It's always the way - you read the consumer report AFTER making the purchase! :(

You've got me worried now! I've just bought (from this guy) a rear hugger. Here's hoping that I don't have any problems like you have?

Can you elaborate at all on what you bought, why you weren't happy, and what you did about it?

Thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bought a carbon rear tail and seat cover..the stuff is absolute nasty rubbish, and is finished badly, would not put it near my bikes, requested refund and returned items, that is when he starts getting abusive and sends me nasty emails, wants positive feedback to refund me, which i refused...i left neutral feedback stating "items reurned" , to which he then leaves negative for me, stating items returned damaged (which he never mentioned)...i took photos of it before i returned it and is nasty stuff...i have now reported him to ebay...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just got the rear hugger delivered. Quick, and good quality. I also contacted one of the guys on ebay who'd bought from this guy - he's had the same experience as me. Sounds like it may have been a one-off problem for oz ducati? Anyhow, I'm relieved, and will fit the hugger this weekend.

Anyone know what type of screw they take (what thread should I ask for)?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good to hear your stuff was OK, but i have since heard from many others that the stuff is rubbish and the guy is nasty....

the screws are about a 4mm metric i think...?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The screws are exactly the same as the screws that hold bottle cages onto racing bicycles. Which was kinda good, because I had heaps of those!

In hindsight, I could have gone with a larger verson of the rear hugger. I guess it'll do its main job, of keeping crap off the rear shock, but there'll still be junk thrown under the seat and on to the mufflers.

Anyhow, it'll do for now!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yep, carbondude is not the best.
Gotone piece from him, wrong piece turns up.

He admits its wrong, then proceeds to be a complete C*nt about refunding.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats the way he is, i hear from more and more people that they get the wrong stuff, or it is rubbish, then he gets nasty when you want a refund... i think the good deals are rarer than the bad ones... beware

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yes, Im very happy to send my $$ overseas, might pay double the price but at least I get what I paid for.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, update on my purchase.... the short hugger that I bought from this guy was next to useless. Not necessarily because it was from carbondude - it's just the design that's crap. Exact copy of the Ducati Performance short hugger.

Essentially - don't buy it! It won't do the job. Rear spring has stone chips.

I ended up buying a large hugger from Geelong Carbon . Highly recommended - the only hugger on the market that also protects your swingarm. Will also work with the 70mm system.

Yes, you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
243 Posts
i bought a tank cover for my HMS from him- had to redrill 2 of the 3 holes, and pack the rear lip- i'm not so bothered- it IS cheap. Bought my rear hugger from carbonworld in germany-awesome quality and not that dear. shits on the ducati stuff my bike came with!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i got carbon belly pan (short style) to try on my sc1000, it was cheap which is handy has im not sure i''ll like the look any how - havent tried fitting it yet.

the quality seemed okay , the carbon looks looks, the clearcoat seems nice n thick and level - sure if i hold it up to the sun i can see a few pin-holes , but im not exactly gonna be holding it up to the sun when i fit it to my bike , so fitment proving to be okay, we'll see how we go :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too just bought a Monster belly pan for my Sport 1000 from this %*&%$*, carbondude. It was broken when I opened the box, its far too small and looks like it was made from leftover offcuts.
He won't reply to emails asking for a return address and refund or messages left on his answering service.
A real charmer.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts