Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Ducati. Really like the Streetfighter, but wondering if I should wait till next years model comes out or buy it now. Will Ducati typically fix teething problems in the 1st year's model such as fueling, right footpeg, etc. New models come out in Nov?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
New to Ducati. Really like the Streetfighter, but wondering if I should wait till next years model comes out or buy it now. Will Ducati typically fix teething problems in the 1st year's model such as fueling, right footpeg, etc. New models come out in Nov?
Personal opinion from a first time Duc owner...the fueling is here to stay and the right footpeg/heatshield is an easy fix...

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you like the Street Fighter, I would say get and enjoy.
The majority of the bike is 1098/1198, so all the bugs should be worked out.
The remaining items will probably continue persist and can be easily fixed with modifications.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you want it now - buy now.

There will always be new models, upgrades, engines, styles...etc.

Go take one out for a spin and make your decision. Tonkin is a great dealership close by to your location. Good luck!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I did take one for a spin and was blown away at how much fun it was. My only other complaint was getting my leg roasted in traffic from the exhaust heat. Just coming to a final decision. Let's see, which color is the fastest.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My only other complaint was getting my leg roasted in traffic from the exhaust heat.
That's interesting. I have not noted any exhaust heat at all, even riding my SFS on 90 degree days here in the DC area.
Anyone else troubled by exhaust heat on an SF?:think:

·
Registered
294 Posts
nopes :)
and it can get really hot here in the summer !!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
That's interesting. I have not noted any exhaust heat at all, even riding my SFS on 90 degree days here in the DC area.
Anyone else troubled by exhaust heat on an SF?:think:
My M1100S got way hotter than my SFS. I really thought I could put some dogs on a stick next to the exhaust and have lunch by the time I'm done with a quick ride.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been riding track only (no street bike) for the past year and when I saw a used SF come on the market at an unbeatable price - I jumped on it!! I love the SF .. even though mine surges a bit I don't mind it and am adapting to it ... helps to have a steady throttle hand :) ... I am getting termis though .. but more for the sound ... can't wait to hit the track with my SF next week :) :) ...

go for it - you'll love it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts