Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this may have been asked already. What if anything have you guys done about the under-seat getting so HOT? There has to be some kinda mod for this.

Helpful advise very much needed...

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Ride faster.

or move your regulator...

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I do have the 1000s.

You could try moving the regulator -- some attribute the heat to this -- Which may be the issue you are noting, or it could be your exhaust. Note there is not much clearance between your left thigh and the exhaust pipe there. In stop and go traffic in hot weather it can be a bit fun trying to manage the heat, but I have not moved anything yet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
1troyduc, I had the same issue on my 1000s during a large charity ride. The left exhaust blistered (literally) my inner left thigh. I wrapped my pipe in black exhaust/header tape, which seems to have helped a bit. The main counter though is the advice you've already received; keep moving at a steady pace. Stop/go traffic - near idle speeds - causes a lean fuel mixture which causes excessive heat off the header where it meets the head ... which is really close to the ol' cod-sack.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I had this same problem on my GT yesterday while returning home from my breakfast ride, but turns out it was just the migas!:D

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had this same problem on my GT yesterday while returning home from my breakfast ride, but turns out it was just the migas!:D
Only problem living in Mississippi is that no one serves migas. I miss me some Cafe Brazil in Dallas (El Gordo crepes... mmmmmm).

Sometimes the heat coming off my bike bothers me during the summer, but on cooler days it can be kinda nice. I almost think it completes the retro bike experience.

·
Registered
724 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts