Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have any issues with the rubber on their ST footpegs ripping or chunking apart?

I went over 40k miles without an issue and then I had the original left side rip. I have two sets of spare rearsets, and I noticed that those were not in the best of shape, either. I installed one of the better used ones on my ST2 and less than 5k miles later, this one has ripped, also. When we bought my wife's ST2, the left side on that bike was/is partially ripped at 22k miles, so....

Anyone know of some cool aftermarket footpegs for our ST bikes something like the Competition Werks Performance footpegs pictures here?

I'm attaching a picture of the footpeg rubber on my ST, also

Attachments

·
Mr Leakered
8,919 Posts
Desmo,

LT has some for the ST. $50.

He noted that they fit the passenger pegs also. I was thinking of getting a set just to sort of match the cycle cat rearset I have.

One other option, as I never have a passenger, I could be pursueded to give up my passegner pegs. I also have the stock rearsets if you'd like. Lemme know, since I owe you a big one.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone know of some cool aftermarket footpegs for our ST bikes something like the Competition Werks Performance footpegs pictures here?
I be damned....this thread on aftermarket footpegs for the ST bikes just jumped out and bit me....

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=13521

...but the site listed will not get through the company firewall, so I'll have to wait until I get home to see if they can still get those footpegs.

·
Premium Member
5,675 Posts
I bought two new rubber inserts from the dealer when mine started to go. If I remember correctly, they were $11.00 a piece. That was maybe a year and half ago. They are starting to show wear again, but not tearing.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LT has some for the ST. $50.
Thanks! I forgot I saw some over there. I'll have to go surf his site, again. I owe him some business, anyway.

Lemme know, since I owe you a big one.
You don't owe me anything......except maybe a beer if you are ever in the area. ;)

·
Mr Leakered
8,919 Posts
You have no idea. That filter kicked off a whole mod syndrome that might be nearing completition. ;) Among everything else I've been messing with, it made the biggest difference.

Offer stands one way or the other.

BTW, beers are on me if I ever get to the East Coast.

Have a good one.

·
Mr Leakered
8,919 Posts
You guys need to fill in WA on your travel map also.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
I have a set of adjustable foot pegs from Ducati Design. They work nice and all but I really don't need them. I thought I would till the leg healed but it seems that isn't going to be the case. The leg is fine on the bike. These are really for folks taller than me (5'10") and with bigger feet, to lower or set back, or even raise up. These have 30 mm of adjustment in any direction.

I may be selling and looking for a set of pegs that fit up like the originals.

·
Mr Leakered
8,919 Posts
If Desmo does need (or want ;) ) mine, I'd be happy to get them over to you.

Let me know. The only bit missing is what I believe to be the brake master cylinder bracket (it's mangled for some reason) and shift linkage tierod.

Lemme know.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Desmo Demon................

......I recently put some of the billet pegs on my ST from Desmotimes & I like them alot. They grip the boots much better. LT is leaving for military duty tomorrow so you need to order them tonight if you're in a hurry, otherwise they won't ship until 15 June (I think). He'll ship some stuff out tomorrow before he leaves.
I thought about getting in touch with you since I was in your area a couple of weeks ago with the ST doing some riding. I have a good friend I grew up with that lives on US276 in Cedar Mountain, NC. I'm sure you've been up & down the hill by Cesars Head a few (hundred?) times! I was riding on the weekdays (May 12, 13 & 14) so I would guess you were working. Anyway, maybe next time we can get together.
Gregg

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
I don't suppose you've had the chance to try those Desmotimes pegs in the rain? I cannot stay on mine to save my life (literally) when they're wet.

·
Registered
825 Posts
No.................

I don't suppose you've had the chance to try those Desmotimes pegs in the rain? I cannot stay on mine to save my life (literally) when they're wet.
...........I haven't, but I cant imagine they could be any more slippery than the rubber. I'm sure I'll find out sooner or later. If so, nothing a cutting wheel, file or hacksaw blade wouldn't remedy.
Gregg

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
RE: Subject -- Whew, different rubber -- I was gonna ask how the pregnancy test turned out!

·
Registered
439 Posts
torn rubbers...

I have a pair of touring boots with a semi-cleated sole and they have pulled off a few ribs of the (ribbed rubber!) footpegs. :eek:

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the feedback, folks....I ordered a set of the footpegs from LT. Hopefully, I'll like them.

I thought about getting in touch with you since I was in your area a couple of weeks ago with the ST doing some riding. I have a good friend I grew up with that lives on US276 in Cedar Mountain, NC. I'm sure you've been up & down the hill by Cesars Head a few (hundred?) times! I was riding on the weekdays (May 12, 13 & 14) so I would guess you were working. Anyway, maybe next time we can get together.
You should have contacted me. I try my best to get out and go riding when I can, and I'm always looking for an excuse. ;)

Speaking of Caesar's Head. I think my wife and I rode up and down it at least four times this weekend. The road is really interesting to ride late at night. :D

·
Mr Leakered
8,919 Posts
I have similar Cycle Cat rear sets. The footpeg is just a knurled tube. I've road in lots of cold and rain and some accidental snow. I've never had problem with slippage.

Have a good one.

·
Mr Leakered
8,919 Posts
Like a ride across the Cascades on 20, through Oak Harbor and Coupeville, Mukilteo Ferry and on to Lynwood?:)
Sounds just about perfect. ;) 20 and the Cascades Loop are phenomenal rides.

If you are ever planning on hitting this area, lemme know.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Anyone else have any issues with the rubber on their ST footpegs ripping or chunking apart?
Mine become a bit abraded on the forward inside edge after around 15,000 miles. They unscrew with the two screws under the peg and can be swapped left for right, then I have two fresh wear surfaces. :)

When those become worn I swap the rider and pillon rubbers. After that I still have the left/right swap. So I figure the stock rubbers are good for 60,000 miles. Your milage may vary.

I hesitate to replace the stock pegs because they have been working so well for me, wet or dry, and I like to position my foot all the way inboard against the peg bracket in the twisties. Some aftermarket pegs cause the sole of my boot to slope outwards when I do that. Also, the rubber dampened pegs are very comfy for covering the miles. I use them with the Combat Touring boots made by Sidi.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts