Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came across this on Ottonero...

WTF

I'm very impressed by the work, but baffled by the idea... Why throw away Ducati's best component and replace it with something three times the weight, from a tractor, ....unless you're after something that will never rust, break down, catch fire, or fail to start on a cold day? ....oh. :eek:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey Dutch...I kinda like it!

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

Some things just don't go together.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I like the look! Kinda beasty...

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no more info on this... Just the link. Ottonero Cafe Racer: Duc with Bmw

...leading to other links..
Duc with a BMW motor. luuuuvly - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

...and this quote:

Wow! Talk about craftsmenship! This stunner of a bike comes to us from Steffen Bühring of Germany.

He writes:
Hi,
Some pics from Berlin Germany.
This bike cost 3 month hard work, the weight is 180 kilo, 105HP, its look like a BMW, but it is an Ducati (because the frame is from a Duc!)

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be fair, the BMW-Duc a lot prettier, and probably a lot faster too. I like the V7 though...
They just need to build a hotter version, with less weight and more bhp.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I'm on the fence. Looks cool but hard to think the soul remained intact. shaft drive and easy valve access are definitely a plus. I bet my bike weighs less though. And Akra or not, it still must have the single note hum... (bo-ring).

A for effort, though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The headlight is too small. Hahaha

I'd still right the piss outta it. I may be a little biased though...I ride my GS a lot more often compared to my GT.

·
Registered
352 Posts
That tail section is the best aftermarket/custom Ive seen EVER on any SC. Think it matches the tank perfectly. I want one. Well, except for the taillight.

·
Registered
129 Posts
To be fair, the BMW-Duc a lot prettier, and probably a lot faster too. I like the V7 though...
They just need to build a hotter version, with less weight and more bhp.
The V7 is light, like 400 pounds. I have heard that the small block Guzzi engine with its old fashioned head design is pretty much tapped out at its current 50+ hp, but the newer large block 8 valve engine weighs quite a bit more. If the V7 had a small block version of the Griso engine putting out maybe 65-70 hp at the same weight, it would be a lot higher on my list of neat bikes to look at. From what i read, it is a pretty good seller, so that either means there is no need to change anything beyond the slight HP boost they gave it this year or it is ripe for some kind of upgrade like 4 valve heads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts