Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
SFV4 -20
27 Posts
Thanks!
Neeves has of course wheelied a trillion more bikes than I have so we probably have different references about what a wide BP is.

That pic is a good starter. Just relax, move to the end of the saddle and lean yourself backwards ;)

·
Bon Vivant
11,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
It's been months and I still have not purchased a bike this year. Some things have changed for me and I feel that I have changed in my needs and wants. The Tuono continues to be an amazing bike but I'm just not up to the level of skill and courage it takes to ride it well any more. I think I need something a bit more tame.

I did get a chance to see and sit on a MV Agusta Super Veloce. Stunning bike in person but not as mind blowing as I'd imagined and the ergos are not kind for a man of my years. Its a definite no.

Yesterday I ran across a super exotic and super rare chance to own a one of a kind Bimota Tesi 3D Final Edition. There are only 45 Tesi FE's and only 7 in the US (9 were imported and 2 went out of the country again). It's a stunning bike that should be an easy bike to ride and live with. Who knows how its gonna feel riding it with the crazy front suspension and steering. But, lets face it I really wouldnt be buying this bike because of its amazing performance and ride characteristics, its all about the panache - the dream of owning an exclusive exotic - and If I can comfortably scoot it around with my buddies 2 or 3 of times a month that would be a bonus.

Problem is, I keep coming back to the Streetfighter - so far this year nothing I've tried has been as good and even though I dont think the design is very exciting all the other bikes (in my sights) are far worse. I would buy the SF for its great engine, fantastic handling, and easy comfortable ride quality. After all this time I still feel in my chest how good that bike really is to ride.

So its lusty beauty or performance... I'm still searching.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
It's been months and I still have not purchased a bike this year. Some things have changed for me and I feel that I have changed in my needs and wants. The Tuono continues to be an amazing bike but I'm just not up to the level of skill and courage it takes to ride it well any more. I think I need something a bit more tame.

I did get a chance to see and sit on a MV Agusta Super Veloce. Stunning bike in person but not as mind blowing as I'd imagined and the ergos are not kind for a man of my years. Its a definite no.

Yesterday I ran across a super exotic and super rare chance to own a one of a kind Bimota Tesi 3D Final Edition. There are only 45 Tesi FE's and only 7 in the US (9 were imported and 2 went out of the country again). It's a stunning bike that should be an easy bike to ride and live with. Who knows how its gonna feel riding it with the crazy front suspension and steering. But, lets face it I really wouldnt be buying this bike because of its amazing performance and ride characteristics, its all about the panache - the dream of owning an exclusive exotic - and If I can comfortably scoot it around with my buddies 2 or 3 of times a month that would be a bonus.

Problem is, I keep coming back to the Streetfighter - so far this year nothing I've tried has been as good and even though I dont think the design is very exciting all the other bikes (in my sights) are far worse. I would buy the SF for its great engine, fantastic handling, and easy comfortable ride quality. After all this time I still feel in my chest how good that bike really is to ride.

View attachment 1009791
The Tesi is indeed beautiful, no question...on the practical side have you checked out the new Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS, lots of people saying good things about it. :)

·
Bon Vivant
11,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
The Tesi is indeed beautiful, no question...on the practical side have you checked out the new Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS, lots of people saying good things about it. :)
I have. My feelings about the new 1200 speed triple are here: https://www.ducati.ms/threads/2021-triumph-speed-triple-1200rs.734433/page-2
And again it comes down to a choice between what I think of as beautiful design and finishes or good comfort and performance. So far this year I've not been able to find both. The new Tuono is both beautiful and performs well (I'm assuming, I have not ridden it) but I doubt it will be much more manageable than my current one.

Candie has been looking with me and last night we went over the SF again looking at pictures and reviews, The bike has become less annoying to me and I do see some possibilities in it - she thinks its hideous, and I understand why...

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I have. My feelings about the new 1200 speed triple are here: https://www.ducati.ms/threads/2021-triumph-speed-triple-1200rs.734433/page-2
And again it comes down to a choice between what I think of as beautiful design and finishes or good comfort and performance. So far this year I've not been able to find both. The new Tuono is both beautiful and performs well (I'm assuming, I have not ridden it) but I doubt it will be much more manageable than my current one.

Candie has been looking with me and last night we went over the SF again looking at pictures and reviews, The bike has become less annoying to me and I do see some possibilities in it - she thinks its hideous, and I understand why...
I should have known that you've already had a ride on the RS...lol

Reactions: flynbulldog

·
Super Moderator
5,969 Posts
Life is short Mike, consider buying both. Grab that Bimoto immediately, see whether it ticks all the boxes or whether you need to augment with a SF.

(I'm on the same page as you with my Tuono, excellent bike but my feelings about riding are shifting so changing things up and going with a Hyper next.)

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I've always had a thing for most anything from Bimota. Especially the Tesi models. However, I wouldn't touch a Tesi if it has a plastic tank. I'm pretty sure the FE bikes have a plastic fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bon Vivant
11,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
[
Life is short Mike, consider buying both. Grab that Bimoto immediately, see whether it ticks all the boxes or whether you need to augment with a SF.

(I'm on the same page as you with my Tuono, excellent bike but my feelings about riding are shifting so changing things up and going with a Hyper next.)
haha, Rich, Candie says thanks alot! :oops:

BTW Rich I recently rode the New 950SS which has the same engine as the new Hyper and I did not like the engine at all. Be sure and ride one before you buy, they have a different feeling.

·
Bon Vivant
11,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·

I'm getting close! 😏

·
Bon Vivant
11,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 · (Edited)
I figured there would be no way I could make a deal at our dealership - I think their fees (profit adders) are excessive.

But we did make a deal and one I'm very happy with. I am the excited owner of a spanking new 2021 Ducati Streetfighter S o_O :love:

Geeze Louise this was the longest motorcycle purchase in history (my history), I first rode this thing back in 2020 when they first came out and I've ridden just about every competitor in the genre in order to make this decision. I still have my 2010 SFs and who knows, this one may stay with me for years too,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats. Red, I presume? :)

Btw. I was down at my dealer last weekend. Looks like he's going out of business there are so few bikes in the showroom. He said as soon as they come in they're gone and have trouble getting certain models.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I figured there would be no way I could make a deal at our dealership - I think their fees (profit adders) are excessive.

But we did make a deal and one I'm very happy with. I am the excited owner of a spanking new 2021 Ducati Streetfighter S o_O :love:

Geeze Louise this was the longest motorcycle purchase in history (my history), I first rode this thing back in 2020 when they first came out and I've ridden just about every competitor in the genre in order to make this decision. I still have my 2010 SFs and who knows, this one may stay with me for years too,
Congrats!

Reactions: flynbulldog
61 - 76 of 76 Posts