Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this should be in "other rides" but I could not resist. Hope Im not hated for it, just wanted to share. It is a Ducati front fender if it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Beautiful looking sporty. If you built that yourself you should be proud, very professional work.

Cheers,

Brett

·
Registered
594 Posts
Very nice Spory. I am very impressed. Roland Sands also used a Sport Classic front fender on one of his builds. The kids sure knows style.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That thing is gorgeous:eek:. Please give us some details. I see a few Storz parts. What else is on there? Looks a lot better than the XR1200.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I like it a lot. I also like how you snuck a picture of yourself in there in the reflection of the headlight. Nice receding hairline, buddy. (I have the same one). :)

But on a serious note, looks beautiful.

How does it handle? That was always my misgiving about the sportster and dreamed about whether I could make one with full ohlins or whether that would be a waste. Have you done anything to the suspension?

·
Registered
28 Posts
That thing is gorgeous:eek:. Please give us some details. I see a few Storz parts. What else is on there? Looks a lot better than the XR1200.
Storz parts...what a remarkable coincidence.;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm just not a fan of Harleys, but you have a lot nice pieces and craftsmanship wrapped up in one package for sure. Love the gray/silver frame - very nice touch.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Here's some of Roland's work with Harleys.
Both the parent's bike and the last bike linked, are just beautiful work, but how do you not burn yourself on the exhaust of the linked bike?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow,Thanks guys, Yes ,I did all of it myself with the exception of the paint, it was done by a buddy. The rear shocks are works performance. The fork is a 55mm inverted Storz, as well, the rear sets came from Storz. Front fender is a Muiltistrada. And yes it handles good, of course it carry's a little more weight than a Ducati, but thats part of the Harley thing I guess. The clip ons are something I had to machine a mount for and alot of other work that I wont bore you with, but I had to have them, so worth the trouble I think. Oh yeah here is a shot of the powder-coat that is on the engine cases.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Beautiful cafe sportster with a light chasis. What engine mods are done?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just the zippers hi flow air filter&backing plate, and the pipes for now.( it is a fuel injected bike) I wanted to get the rest of it sorted, and then I think I will probably go to work on some horsepower. I guess Im going backwards , but here it is on the way together.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I guess this should be in "other rides" but I could not resist. Hope Im not hated for it, just wanted to share. It is a Ducati front fender if it helps.
Great looking bobber there, very nicely put together.
I do have to ask as well: how do you not burn your thigh on those pipes??

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They have heat shields on them, all the way back to the megaphones. They wrap 280 degrees around the pipes, so you can hardly see them, but they work great. JS

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DucBeak, Its smooth as glass on the freeway(thanks to the rubber mount) and the suspension is getting better every ride.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Very nice work! Is that a stock sportster motor or is it modified?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Stock for now,probably not for long if I decide to keep it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts