Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Wow. That really looks nice. Did you clear coat it? I have heard that bare aluminum can corrode.
Yeah, I've "heard" that too :laugh:

That does look pretty awesome though.....I might consider doing something like that once I get mine clean enough to paint.....sean

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Harley engines are uncoated, and often times the fins are "Diamond Cut" with a Dremel on each single fin. It creates the illusion of each fin having "jewels" or "Diamonds" going all the way around the cylinders and the heads. No trouble with oxidation that I've heard of. It is a very common finish that has been used for decades.

I am aware that certain aluminum alloys will oxidize, of course it all depends on the alloy and the way the surface is finished.

To each his druthers!

:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing better than one red head; twin red heads. Thanks for the compliments The heads are stock. Just got them back from a valve job. I’ve never had issues with corrosion on fins on my other motors.

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
Again... that motor is really nice looking. I think I'll take mine out of the bike and send it to you for work. Look for the UPS guy :) Great job.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
That looks awesome!! Damnit.....now mine just seem so.....inadequate :laugh:

I hadn't touched them yet to be honest about it. :grin2: Mine won't be red, but your pics give me some ideas....and hope that mine turns out at least somewhat as visually pleasing as yours.......sean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts