Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! Pretty new to this forum, and also new to Ducati.

Anyway, I'm building a bike, specifically an '03 620, but I think my questions may be general enough that any monster owner can help.

I've been having trouble locating a service manual for the bike, and all that comes up in a google search is the parts manual, and a Haynes manual general to several different bikes. Does one exist just for this bike? If so, where can I find it? Is it possible to just download a pdf of it for free somewhere? I'd even pay for a pdf, I just figured somebody, somewhere has it...

Next, I'm thinking about a mod I read about, and the guy who wrote up the info on the mod can't be found. He described being able to take the "barrels" out of a 750, and put them in a 620 to get 88 mm bore without needing a shop to do it. From there, you can put the Ferracci high-comp pistons in for more power. Edit: I believe this part is listed as "Vertical cylinder-piston fit" and "Horizontal cylinder-piston fit". Do you know if it'd have to be a specific year 750 to work in my bike?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, I'll have plenty more questions eventually, these are just the ones on my mind at the moment. I'll just keep adding them to this thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot JB! :D

I've been able to find the manual I neeed and man, it makes everything a whole lot clearer!

I'm still going to have problems with the whole ECU/gauge/key thing, especially with the plan to go bigger on the cylinders, and a completely custom exhaust system. I dove into this project without knowing much about Ducatis, and now I'm just trying to make sense of that kind of stuff. I think it's going to be my most major roadblock.

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
878 Posts
Thanks a lot JB! :D

I'm still going to have problems with the whole ECU/gauge/key thing, especially with the plan to go bigger on the cylinders, and a completely custom exhaust system. I dove into this project without knowing much about Ducatis, and now I'm just trying to make sense of that kind of stuff. I think it's going to be my most major roadblock.
those things will have nothing to do with motor work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
those things will have nothing to do with motor work.
How do you mean? It's my understanding that I'll have to re-map, and that it's kind of a pain in the ass to do that, right? Also, I wasn't planning to go with a standard ducati instrument cluster. From what I understand about that, there seems to be only one company that can get me an ecu that will allow me to do both, and I know nothing about whether a local shop can program that unit, being that the company (Silverback, I think), is way too far away to take it to them.

I'd just like the bike to run well, and use whatever electronics I want, without having to program keys, etc. All this immobilizer talk is what I'm reading, and I don't like the sound of it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts