Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the Duc install I put a set of these EBay sourced carbon fiber slip-ons on my SV1000S with good results - no change in performance, nice low tone with neighbor friendly sound levels, little sound reaching ears at 65 - 70 and up, nice appearance, weight of about 4 pounds each. Since they flow plenty of air for a 110 HP SV they're probably OK for a 78 HP '02 900 Sport.

The only fabrication work was cutting two grooves in the flex pipe and modifying the spring ends. The finish on the pipes is flawless and they sport a removable baffle. If/when any internal packing blows out I'll explore removing rivets and replacing the packing.

The shopping list includes:

- 2 Carbon fiber pipes (EBay $65 for a pair delivered)
- Del-Hi-Temp black silicone spray (part #010301 $15)
- SunplusTrade 2" x 50' Black Exhaust Heat Wrap (Amazon $12.99)
- Remarkable Power RK5101 - 1.75" x 4" Heavy Duty Stainless Steel
Exhaust Flex Pipe 8" OL (Amazon $12.99)
- 02-374 - 4-1/2" Exhaust Springs (4 at MFG Supply for $13.99)
- 4 pieces of heat shrink tubing

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Followup - The pipes are holding up well. The baffle is about 6" long with 4 sets of holes drilled around the body - maybe 20 holes in all. The baffle end has a removeable cap secured with a phillips head screw. I decided to moderate the sound with a layer of fiberglass wrap and that went well with no change in power. I then drilled out each baffle hole to a larger size and rewrapped the system. Sound now not much louder than stock with a roughly 30 pound loss of weight compared to stock. I have ordered ceramic baffle packing material rated to 2700 degrees F and will be installing that soon.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Look pretty good. I like the angles. I was looking at some like this on ebay and amazon. Please post a pic from about 15 feet back showing the whole bike so I can get a good idea of them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I like your work. My only criticism is that the mufflers have a modern look which doesn’t really suit our bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts