Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use/trust Bucci aftermarket timing belts on their 4V? They're $30/per as opposed to stock belts. :confused:

·
Registered
629 Posts
dragknt said:
Anyone use/trust Bucci aftermarket timing belts on their 4V? They're $30/per as opposed to stock belts. :confused:
Ya Chris from CA Cycle likes them. I have a set but installed oem ones because I got them cheap. If you need a set of the Bucci I'll bring them with me if you are going to the Ducati meet on Saturday.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cachee0 said:
Ya Chris from CA Cycle likes them. I have a set but installed oem ones because I got them cheap. If you need a set of the Bucci I'll bring them with me if you are going to the Ducati meet on Saturday.
There's a ducati meet on saturday? At Biketoberfest? I must have missed something. lol Your Bucci belts are for your 916? Or are they all the same? I'm definately thinking about going now, the more I ponder it...

·
Registered
629 Posts
dragknt said:
There's a ducati meet on saturday? At Biketoberfest? I must have missed something. lol Your Bucci belts are for your 916? Or are they all the same? I'm definately thinking about going now, the more I ponder it...

Sure is their is two of them
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=11862

Also Ducati Monster show at Daytona raceway.

Yep will fit the 916
"Bucci aftermarket timing belts (each) 851/888/916/996/pre 2002 748 403-1062"

I also have new nuts for the tenstioners.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I have used the Bucci belt for years on my 2V monster and my 4V 916 track bike. No problems at all. I have been told that they are the made by the same manufacturer (Gates) as the OEM belts. They are just marked differently, and of course cost much less.

Mike

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
onespeedpaul said:
any idea what the gates number is for 4v belts?
I believe Gates makes both Bucci and Ducati OEM belts, so any vendor should be able to tell you...other than that, I think I saw a thread with a link to a vendor that had the number listed...not sure if it was a gates part number or bucci though. :eek:

·
Registered
474 Posts
but not for 998 right?

·
Registered
629 Posts
srg5150 said:
but not for 998 right?
Diffrent bike, But you got the newer motor. :D

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
srg5150 said:
but not for 998 right?
I've only found OEM belts available for the '02 748 and the 998. A buddy of mine has two '02 998s, and those belts are expensive. Fortunately, instead of $74 each, I found him a set on ebay (new OEM from a dealer that went out of business) for $28 for a set...new, still with original packaging. He wasn't as fortunate for his second 998, though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
999 Belts

Gday, I have looked and seems that the only belts for a 999 are the OEM, is this correct as the aftermarket seem very good at that price. Thanks Gum

·
Registered
245 Posts
Gday, I have looked and seems that the only belts for a 999 are the OEM, is this correct as the aftermarket seem very good at that price. Thanks Gum
ive heard the same, that only oem is available for the xx9 series. this is unfortunate, at 100 bucks each. maybe someone could enlighten us?? please say there are others out there....:D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Chris at California Cycle works is working on belts for the new 4V motors. Not ready yet but coming. The cost will sure make belt replacement less painful.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Just got home from the dealer with new belts for the 999 - part number 73740124A - $115.99 EACH.

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
Just got home from the dealer with new belts for the 999 - part number 73740124A - $115.99 EACH.
The price sounds fair considering I hear of prices around $100

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just me ???

Gday, I just got my aftermarket belts for my 999. Now I know that they were cheap but ?????. They are made in China, im now thinking I wont use them as I was thinking that they were a USA made belt without the mark up. This worries me, can someone put my mind to ease as I really have an issue with it.

Thanks Gum.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Gday, I just got my aftermarket belts for my 999. Now I know that they were cheap but ?????. They are made in China, im now thinking I wont use them as I was thinking that they were a USA made belt without the mark up. This worries me, can someone put my mind to ease as I really have an issue with it.

Thanks Gum.
What brand/vendor you get Chinese belts from?

California Cycleworks now has aftermarket Testastretta belts $50USD/each. Supposedly same exact construction as OEM. The manufacturer is not disclosed but, IIRC, Chris said they are US made.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts